Browning maxus

I'm old school, and agree with Stavross, even if your told its looked after not had much through it etc, you'll never know for sure. For peace of mind I always buy new, no one is going to tell you it's been dropped or abused if they're trying to sell it! Maybe test it out a while before you part with cash if your really wanting it? 

I have used a Maxus and have to say that it shot very very well. Whilst not being a big fan of semi auto, they are superb for hide shooting it is just the hassle of picking up the empty shells that seem to land all over the place..............................I am waffling on, I am told the Browning Maxus is great to work on with all parts being easy to get hold of.

If I was to buy a semi auto again, despite having a couple of Hatsans just for hide work that were cheap as chips and totally reliable, I would have the Maxus every time if it was to be my only gun. I would however shoot my Beretta DT10 every day of the week in preference to ANY semi auto.?

Phil

They are tough guns that can take a good amount of hard use. As a used semi, I’d say they’re as safe a bet as any. You should be able to see signs of heavy use as they acquire a patina, even then, if well maintained, they should still keep working. For £600 though, you should be able to pick a good one up.

• Like 1