wonder lust..

i suppose ive been quite lucky  in my time , since the age of about 16  ,when i first had the iche  to travel , for whatever reason ive not been away for a year or two  last time a few years ago i was in capetown , i had been before but in the early 70,s but still a nice place and cheap ,,  .now im getting abit long in the tooth   ,but still have the iche to maybe have 1 last trip before im compleatly nackered  .. 65 now  , always been abit of a beast so tended to look out the areas that were abit dodgy  ,dont like america  , but allways liked the sights ,sounds and smells of se asia  and the far east .so maybe 1 more trip now were ?india is a shit hole , so no to that  thialand is great but gone abit expensive now i was happier when the thia bhatt was 70 to the pound now 40 ,  so were ?  manila, siagon , hanoi , not really decided yet would need to be later in the year when the rains stop  .

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been told Rhyl is nice .

Me & Mrs Flattop love getting away at least three times a year my favourite place I’ve been to so far is Costa Rica what a place wildlife every where,  we have pigeons dropping in front of you the

Feck that travelling abroad , ive seen banged up abroad ,stuff of nightmares lol  east coast scarbados for me ?

Posted Images

Literally got this tab open in my browser right now, LOL.

https://www.grandamericanadventures.com/pacific-northwest-tours/yellowstone-national-park?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~253457944944~kw~trekking yellowstone national park~mt~e~cmp~2016 - NATIONAL PARKS~ag~2016 - NP - Yellowstone Hiking&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItKDEia6H2wIVRYXVCh30_gm8EAAYASAAEgKxW_D_BwE

I'd just prefer to do it independently, not with an outfitter.

Also west coast NZ.

Different sort of stuff to what you're probably interested in. What about Cambodia?

7 minutes ago, riohog said:

yeah cambodia aint out of the question  newzealand is nice been there christchurch and up the top in aukland 

It appeals to me so f***ing much it's unreal, but so does much of the US West. Both for the same reasons really, amazing wilderness, very few people (specifically townies) and culturally similar.

Have you been to the big cities of SE Asia? The Asian Tigers or whatever they're called, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan etc. For some reason they are mildly appealing to me. Similarly much of the Middle East does. If I was ever in the area I'd like to check them out. Maybe not the Middle East, LOL.

Edited by Born Hunter

yep done it mate      honkifid                       and singapore bloody expensive now..m/e nowt special transited through manama  and dubai a few times  no incline to stop there any longer  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, riohog said:

yep done it mate      honkifid                       and singapore bloody expensive now..m/e nowt special transited through manama  and dubai a few times  no incline to stop there any longer  

I think the M.E interests me from an archaeological perspective mostly, it'd be so cool to check out ruins/historical sites in Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt etc. Also be cool to at least once experience an Arab market/town/port to see the culture first hand. Well, to see the culture where it belongs and not an export version in England. ?

Easter island and Galapagos are calling.............Forget manila rio,its an absolute slum nowadays,traffic is ridiculous,food is the worst in SEA,even the PI as a whole is a bit iffy,i spoke to someone this morning from Mindanao whose friend was just shot by suspected coppers for political reasons.Get a flight to LOS and just kick back in chiang mai :)

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Easter island and Galapagos are calling.............Forget manila rio,its an absolute slum nowadays,traffic is ridiculous,food is the worst in SEA,even the PI as a whole is a bit iffy,i spoke to someone this morning from Mindanao whose friend was just shot by suspected coppers for political reasons.Get a flight to LOS and just kick back in chiang mai :)

yeah i know its dodgy just rip off the westerner jobby lol i hear what you say  but i dont think theres any go go bars  on galapagos  or easter island          as yet!!!. yep you gotta  just love thialand !!to be honest  i fkn love bangkok  

Go-go bars?Galapagos and easter island are for me.Even the bars in the PI are crap mate,its LOS for you,i have a 75'ish year old mate lived in LOS for the past 10 years on his pension,fantastic standard of living compared to how he would have lived back home in NYC ..........

P1000681.JPG

P1000680.JPG

• Like 1
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Riohog it ain't the baht that's strong it's the pound that's not so strong anymore

Manila - Saigon - Burma - Laos - Khamer they all more expensive than they were 10-15 years ago because of the weak pound.

But they are all still good value compared to most places in the World.

Chaing Mai - Chang Rai

Angkor Wat

Ayyutthaya

Krabi

Phuket

Koh Samet

Ko Chang

Shinukville

S21 - Killing Fields

Ko Lanta 

Phi Phi

Bangkok and River Kwai

plus many more are still good places to see and visit ?

yeah thia is good value and its a great place to be no doubt  ,just feel abit peeved im not getting my quids worth these days 

1 minute ago, mackem said:

Go-go bars?Galapagos and easter island are for me.Even the bars in the PI are crap mate,its LOS for you,i have a 75'ish year old mate lived in LOS for the past 10 years on his pension,fantastic standard of living compared to how he would have lived back home in NYC ..........

P1000681.JPG

P1000680.JPG

was in alongapo years ago ffs  it was like the fkn wild west       subic..

I can genuinely think of nothing worse than the Far East , although Japan interests me. 

I’m lucky , I get to go interesting places with Work, well , interesting for me , been to Africa lots 

but for me it would be the states  New Zealand Canada Mexico or into to bottom half of the stans.....

f**k all that Asian bollocks 

• Like 3