Formal interview

45 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I went no comment for two different interviews on two different charges last two years , 

first one I was straight out the door within 10 mins 

second time I was in the cells for the rest of the day ..

dont try and be smart , coppers deal with smart c**ts every day , best no comment if you can and if they reshow you ask for the duty brief 

This ain’t coppers brother, this will be council enforcement officers.

Trained busy bodies looking to rinse the bloke out for a shed load of money.

Better to just say, I went for a cup of tea.

If they had evidence they would have served the summons by now.

c**ts to a man, give them nothing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Trained busy bodies looking to rinse the bloke out for a shed load of money.

Better to just say, I went for a cup of tea.

If they had evidence they would have served the summons by now.

c**ts to a man, give them nothing.

This is the problem of well meaning but untrained people giving advise.

Unless there is evidence that the original poster was actually driving his vehicle, why should he admit driving down the lane for a cup of tea?  The fact that he does make that admission, is supplying information to the council, information they may not have had in the first place!

• Like 2

It may be your car , but they would need to have evidence you were driving it.  Go along and say “no comment”.....any lawyer worth his salt would give you the same advice.....

Tell them you've never been down the lane in your life and someone has doubled up your vehicle with false plates to do something dodgy.

If they say you are talking shite, tell them to prove otherwise.

5 hours ago, antg said:

i wouldn't go.

if they had any evidence believe me they would be knocking on your door. as Wilf said  nothing wrong with driving down a lane. let them come. earn their money for a change

3 hours ago, walshie said:

If they had any evidence they'd have said by now. Sounds like a fishing trip to me. Deny everything.

Yes to both of these comments :yes:

f**k them off straight away - they're just local council shysters hoping that you'll incriminate yourself.

If you do decide to go - ask them for an independent solicitor before any interview takes place - I'll be amazed if they can provide one.

DO NOT DENY OR CONFIRM ANYTHING, no comment to everything,  do not engage in small talk, NO COMMENT.

After this, IF they have any evidence, regardless how flimsy, they must by law produce it, its known as disclosure,  you can then prepare your defence accordingly.

It will not go against you saying no comment in the first instance, however anything you say can and will be used in court against you, 

You can change your tactics once you know what your up against, but cannot fight an invisible enemy, put them on the back foot to disclose.

• Like 1