Formal interview

I was renting a site safe of a lad for my tools till late last year cash in hand the lad and his mates use to do tree work fencing etc and would burn his waste on his farm any how i have had call of some environment enforcement to say he's been fined but my number plate has been recorded going down his lane and been invited for a formal interview and they want me to take my waste disposal notices my problem is i sign in to dispose of hard-core as it's free but I don't get a notice it's a big demotion firm and the firm i do some contract work for allow me to use there wood skip for free and have written me a letter to say this  the lad wanted 40 quid a load so I knocked him back out of principal as I was paying him for the storage anyway will i need a brief or any one know the crack with theses interviews 

This first meeting might be just a friendly chat but they are hoping that you will either incriminate yourself or others. Be aware that even if you have been invited for a chat, that you are being investigated as a wrongdoer by association. They dont know anything solid yet and they are giving you rope to  hang yourself with.  what you say may well be recorded and trawled through. This might mean that at a further meeting your statements at the first meeting will be put back to you and you will be interrogated and zig zagged about. You wont remember what you said at that first meeting and your story will be a analysed and wrapped around your neck.any deviation and you wil be classed as a liar.

53 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

my number plate has been recorded going down his lane 

if they've got your no. plate, they have a hidden camera. If you have been photographed going down full with stuff and coming back out empty, the questions will be, where has it come from.? What have you done with it and where is the paperwork for it.?

What are the fines for this.?

46 minutes ago, mackem said:

Always take legal representation.

It's a cost layout but they're after your hide. Or cheque book or both.

Ps. Have good answers to their questions other than you were moving it for a mate or it was because his truck was broken down or it was a birthday present. They will have heard it all before.

Edited by Meece

According to the lad he thinks his neighbour has took my reg down the lad himself has said he will tell them about the site safe I think there fishing as he first got in contact a few weeks ago then nothing till the letter came today I can't tell them anything other than I rented the site safe but I think he will try as you say incriminate me for something they have my van reg but not my car and I was down there in it fairly often so if it was a hidden camera they would have that as well 

Edited by blackmaggie

Last I heard it wasn’t a crime to drive down a lane, so I’d imagine it will go something like this:

you were spotted driving down the lane

Yes, and ?

Why were you there?

Going to see a man I know for a cup of tea

It was reported you had waste on the van

Well, I don’t know by who because I have never carried waste on the van

bit it’s been reported

Well they are lying 

.......and repeat until they get bored

They count on you putting yourself in the shit in these things, if they have evidence make them show you their hand otherwise they can f**k off.

Dont mention any other thing at all.

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

They count on you putting yourself in the shit in these things, if they have evidence make them show you their hand otherwise they can f**k off.

An ex-copper once told me most people usually incriminate themselves,thats why your brief always advises "No Comment" at the first interview,forces them to show their hand........If they have one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's about the score of it. A gardening customer of ours got fined £300 for transporting a crane bag of grass cuttings because he hadn't filled in the correct paperwork from two different addresses  even though he had a waste transfer licence. If it was a third party who has reported it, be aware of possible pictures. Everyone has a camera on their phone ect.

Take unqualified advise with a massive pinch of salt, to do otherwise will be at your peril.

If there is any possibility of legal action being taken against you - take a solicitor.  If a solicitor attends on your behalf, he/she must be given sight of the evidence against you (Disclosure).  The solicitor will then be able to advise you BEFORE any interview takes place.

• Like 3

I went no comment for two different interviews on two different charges last two years , 

first one I was straight out the door within 10 mins 

second time I was in the cells for the rest of the day ..

dont try and be smart , coppers deal with smart c**ts every day , best no comment if you can and if they reshow you ask for the duty brief 

• Like 2

i wouldn't go.

if they had any evidence believe me they would be knocking on your door. as Wilf said  nothing wrong with driving down a lane. let them come. earn their money for a change

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1