Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

On 12/05/2018 at 10:54, ADAM C said:

At the end of the day digging is now illegal and around me there are far too many black and white setts, so dont want to drop on something i met get my collar felt and get into some series sh*t.There are people watching these places all the time just not worth it any more for me......hence ratting and bushing for my whippets its the sport i enjoy and the dogs love it.

Well anyway im sorted now for a stud dog.......carry on bitching at each other.

Thanks Adam.

You can have some great days out with a whippet and a busher, how old is your whippet pal, I work a whippet based lurcher and I wouldn't be with out him. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

I follow some of these bedlington threads from time to time, and I've a question to ask a couple of you bedlington lads, especially morton.  I've been interested in bedlingtons for years, and I've read up on the history of them as far back as you can go, and EVERYTHING I've read has said how versatile an ALLROUNDER type terrier they are, rabbits, rats, and fox etc, not just digging dogs.  So why do some people on here bang on about them as being solely digging dogs?  Genuininely interested, not looking for an argument.

And if someone wants to keep them for rabbits, bushing, ratting or whatever, so what, it's their dog.  If someone was to tell me what to hunt with my lurchers, They'd receive a very sharp f**k OFF!

• Like 8

Its the same old thing people need/want different things from there terriers people hunt different game on different types of land. 

A beddy Will suit some people others it won't. Keep the type that suits you. 

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I follow some of these bedlington threads from time to time, and I've a question to ask a couple of you bedlington lads, especially morton.  I've been interested in bedlingtons for years, and I've read up on the history of them as far back as you can go, and EVERYTHING I've read has said how versatile an ALLROUNDER type terrier they are, rabbits, rats, and fox etc, not just digging dogs.  So why do some people on here bang on about them as being solely digging dogs?  Genuininely interested, not looking for an argument.

And if someone wants to keep them for rabbits, bushing, ratting or whatever, so what, it's their dog.  If someone was to tell me what to hunt with my lurchers, They'd receive a very sharp f**k OFF!

See that’s the thing I don’t get either, the lads dog isn’t a digging dog so he wants to breed it to the same type, so fcuking what it’s not like he’s singlehandedly ruined the bedlington as a digging dog as that happened a long time ago. Then you have men like morton that doubles his bolters up on fox telling lads how they should be breeding their terriers.????. Couldn’t make the shit up.????.

• Like 2

was the buddy ever really known as a out and out digging dog? . Probably not everything about the breed looks like a perfect example of a  rock dog  up on leg narrow in chest and head pleanty of jacket to keep it warm.

26 minutes ago, Rat face said:

was the buddy ever really known as a out and out digging dog? . Probably not everything about the breed looks like a perfect example of a  rock dog  up on leg narrow in chest and head pleanty of jacket to keep it warm.

If you listen to some people they will try and tell you they were the best digging dogs the world has ever seen. Lol.

2 hours ago, Rat face said:

I agree that they were never a digging dogs but the good ones have good strong heads & narrow shoulders , regards plenty of jacket to keep them warm lol which book are you reading cos there telling lies, bedlingtons have a piss poor coat I would say it’s there biggest fault.

44 minutes ago, Str said:

I agree that they were never a digging dogs but the good ones have good strong heads & narrow shoulders , regards plenty of jacket to keep them warm lol which book are you reading cos there telling lies, bedlingtons have a piss poor coat I would say it’s there biggest fault.

Could not agree more. The one i own its jacket very poor. The other examples ive seen have been the same poor.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, shaaark said:

well said!!

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Lads swear by beddies for bushing but they must take some grooming afterwards? Surely a wire coat would be better than the one they have, it's like Velcro for sticks and mud etc.

Your right all sorts stick to there costs but it never stopped mine going in any cover but it’s still a big fault,a coat like a border would be better,wet weather I would say affects the bedlingtons coat the most but it doesn’t seem to bother them but it’s less than ideal. Clipping the bedlingtons coat or any breed for that matter makes things even worse as clipping makes the coat grow out away from the body letting the weather get to the skin,coats should grow along the body trapping heat in and weather out.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

mate it your dog do what you want with it and dont take any shite of anyone my bedlingtons are digging dogs but i have let lads have them that use them for bushing ratting etc but they have a desire if you like to drop to ground it just in them you feed the mutt you do what you like with it atb top

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, TOPPER said:

mate it your dog do what you want with it and dont take any shite of anyone my bedlingtons are digging dogs but i have let lads have them that use them for bushing ratting etc but they have a desire if you like to drop to ground it just in them you feed the mutt you do what you like with it atb top

Topper do you only use your bedlingtons for foxes no bushing for rabbits etc? If so how many foxes do you work on average each season?.when I had 6000 acres to go at the most foxes I had to ground was around a dozen and most of them bolted.