En route to the dealer

I had 4 deer in the chiller from previous outing and with no time to process them myself or a dealer local to me was invited up to Tim to use his one. 

Dropping them off in his larder facility we had a quick look out at a local place where we’d seen a biggun the season before to see if he was still about and maybe look for a cull buck.

Chats with the farmer took longer than expected but it worked out well as by the time we got to the most likely spot the deer had lost their early evening inhibitions and were well out in the field, 3 cull bucks and one doe. They were around 150m away but the lay of the field and tall grass made a standing the only option. 100% confident on the quad sticks the first one dropped to the shot and the another one stood long enough for me to traverse over to him and shoot him as well. Whilst over 100m apart from each other they were both paced at exactly 159 strides from the shot spot which was a coincidence. 

B67E81BA-44CC-4540-9E44-F50157F899B8.thumb.jpeg.8235a700d1380307fac4258661311e06.jpeg

Back to the larder to pick up the others and then to the dealers which was a fair old treck in itself. A 140mile round trip but a great crack, good company and no carcass waste. Cheers again Tim?

FF306C57-540C-4884-A56C-762120382609.thumb.jpeg.accbea1652c488323ddb2ab1350824d6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pleasure as always mate ..Quad sticks are the stick of choice for good reason these days .Rock steady for a confident shot .Dealer phoned nd today to ask if he could expect a regular supply and was j back on form .Havnt shot a deer for an age due to the dealer being miles away but might have to dust off the .243 .

21 hours ago, Rabid said:

That is o hell of a trip to get to a dealer, fair play to you.

well done on the pair, those quads are bloody good ain't they.

I though they were a gimmick until I tried them. Total convert now.

What dealer do you go to? 

I would have thought Vicars would be a bit closer than a 140 mile round trip and they tend to want deer regularly!

Edit... I was thinking more from Foxdropper than Yokel Matt so perhaps not relevant!

Edited by Deker