Field was blue with pigeon ..

.... get over about two and get set up there coming in late afternoon the farmer said ....I’m over set up at nine got the hide built and went for breakfast ..got back about one and waited ....not a pigeon to be seen for four hours . I had a couple of crow decoys I put out after seeing a few crossing a tree line at the top of the field , and had an immediate response with a couple of jackdaws , gradually there was a little bit of action starting and about six a few pigeons came in to the decoys , two went on the Ff5’s and they pulled a few more in ..sadly nothing that could be described as a field blue with pigeon..

E6D29476-1434-4B8B-8530-5D3B8978B062.thumb.jpeg.e2695e03a991a918299d192e40964284.jpeg

finished with a few pigeon and and a few jacks , and had a couple of pigeons and a couple of crows make the boundary ..enjoyed the afternoon ..be thousands overthere tomorrow.  ?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, leslie harold gedge said:

that's the trouble with farmers they see 10 and tell you they have seen a 1000.you will start getting good numbers soon sussex

You ain’t wrong there Les ! ...there was no flight lines anywhere I could see just the odd bird coming from all angles . Once I had a couple down the ff5’s helped pull in any that came over but it was literally the odd bird ..the blacks gave a bit of sport as well so wasn’t a bad way to spend an afternoon ..and the dog had a few retrieves so she was happy ..

• Like 1

Nice work, even though you didn’t get on the farmers 1000’s I can think of no better place to be on a beautiful sunny day, fingers crossed you’ll soon come across the farmers mystical, blue with pigeons field ?

• Like 2