Weber-ized Chicken.. Hmmm... yummy smoky deliciousness

Well its been nearly a month now. :oops:

Adelaide had some rain over the last two days and I had planned to do another Chook in the Weber for last night.

Surprise, surprise.

I warned the Wife and Kids what was on the menu for last night on Wednesday, yesterday I prepared the chook and veges,
and heated up the coals with a nicely overcast afternoon, baby asleep while I worked.
Popped the good gear into the Weber, picked up the kids from schools and ten minutes after getting home....

The heavens opened and it started pissing down fiercely !! :ohmy: :angry:

Wife was due home at 5.30ish, kids hungry and hanging out, I dutifully trotted out to the Weber and popped in some Buffalo wings
with about 20min to go..... well sort of......
I was standing in the yard after almost swimming to the Weber, rain hammering down and huddled under my daughters umbrella,
over the top of the open Weber carefully placing spicy Buffalo Wings on the grill. :facepalm:

What a sight !
And 30 minutes later I was back out there, this time quickly flipping the good gear into bowls and rushing it inside for the hungry hordes
that were by now salivating to attack my Weber King Chicken.
I was wet and shivering while I cut up the Chook and plated to order for the kids and wife, of course, I was last and missed the best bits
of the Chook, but scored the the Buffalo Wings which were a treat and a little warm on the tongue and mouth....

As you will see from the pic's there was plenty to go around and everyone pigged out, about the only time some of the kids do :)

Oh, and the importance of my one man ' Weber Cult ' is not lost on the 2yr old.
Mum asking her this morning what she was doing, the little one said - "making Weber" while looking in my direction with a BIG smile. :oops:

Swamp

On the grill

Chook

Herb pieces

Buffalo wings

Veg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...