Box headed terriers

Used to be a lad did a few seasons for the Beuafort ,nick named Rommo ,big lad from Wales I believe who kept a very short bodied ,box headed type of terrier in black or chocolate .Anybody got the type or remember same ,Not unlike NS but much better looking lol.

• Like 1

He had two terriers that fit your description a black bitch called thistle, pedigree unknown but a hard bitch who was stolen one Saturday and a chocolate dog called rusty who was actually a smart dog once he’d been to the poodle parlour,Rusty belonged to peter phelan any other blacks and chocolates at that time were ns stuff.

• Like 3

Cheers mate .Rommo took over from NS and I know he inherited a few in kennels but these were very typey ,different to what Rommo was known for .zHe definitely brought better looking stock than he had inherited..NS stuff at the time was a bit snipey nosed and light bodied whereas these were box headed and stocky .Wish I'd payed attention back then but it was all about the digging no matter what it looked like .Just wondered if he kept same today .Lad back then ,SC had some of Rommo's breeding but we'e lost touch .He mixed it with other stuff though but still retained the heads .

Mango do you know Rommo ,pm if prefered .

Didn't sc end up over in Ireland? there's a lad I know from up harcombes(cadno) way does some keepering has dogs from Him, I've not spoke to him for maybe 5 yrs, went up and dug there few times, dogs were tidy and knew their job?also got some nice deer/bull greys for on the hill?