Another brace

Out for an hour this evening to drop some paperwork over to a farm I’ve had for a while and put the rifle in the car if time permitted. 

I drove past his Landy parked in a field but he wasn’t to be seen, neither was he at the house. On the breeze I heard a roe barking so I got the rifle out and walked to the pasture where it was coming from. 

A buck ran into the field some 200m away but I had no idea where the bloody farmer was so even though the shot was technically safe I didn’t want to risk it. The deer fecked off and then I heard the farmer hopping over the gate behind me. I was just in the middle of telling him about the buck when two other bucks bust out of cover to my left and tore towards us, one seeming intent on giving the other a good bloody hiding. They both stopped 40m from us and I shot the lesser of the two in the chest. The bigger buck ran on and the farmer was encouraging me to shoot it on the run! It stopped 200m away plumb broadside and I was obliged to shoot him as well although it made the hedgerow after the shot. Saw a cracking buck whilst following up the second but didn’t point him out so he slipped away unseen by the farmer. 

239617E1-E93D-4220-8134-1E4A3527A0E5.thumb.jpeg.fd9d9c239f48b0ea4f52199349cb55f1.jpeg

E78BED04-D33A-4C4A-BFFC-5AB7A796FE96.thumb.jpeg.41bd373a768e8dd3e9dd0c1e0e41df8a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1