Gay Cake Hits The Supreme Court

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in 2015, Northern Ireland's Ashers Bakery went to court over their refusal to provide a cake with the slogan 'Support Gay Marriage.' They were found guilty of unlawful discrimination. They'v

The cake wasn't for a gay wedding so they can't say it hurt their feelings. It was a slogan supporting gay weddings in general. They searched out a shop with Christian values and tried to get this rea

This is my issue too. The plaintiff wanted his rights to be respected but refused to recognise the rights of the baker to the point of a lawsuit.  

The baker would have made them a cake,its the typical crying out for acceptance slogan on it.i regularly go into my bakers,but if i asked for a cake with "support shaved minges" id expect to be told no also.

Im self employed & i refuse work if i dont like the people. My Right just as if they dont like my quote/estimate or me they can do the same. What a complete waste of money & time. Ffs what nxt !!!! Atb 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Pretty much my definition of a free society.

I don't know where people get the time and the mental energy to devote to such small annoyances.  If I went into a chip shop in London and a guy refused to serve me because he didn't like the Welsh their would be a small exchanging of words and I'd go find another chippy . I'd bitch and moan about him to Mrs but move on with my life.  

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I agree with the chippy owner, you welsh are an annoying bunch a fcukers an why take it out on ye wife?? It’s not her fault your welsh ffs?

She's the only one that gives me the time of day :laugh:

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

He's already done on one appeal but whether they uphold it will be the lynchpin. Again I have no quarrel with either party but rights are being eroded.

Old Jonny boy is a staunch europhile.......he ain’t much into “rights”

• Haha 2
Just now, JohnGalway said:

Tell us again your views on the black South Africans and Apartheid there Wilf old boy :whistling:

See, that’s how you do it ;)

56 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What a f****n idiot. Surely its less hassle to find a place to make your cake than go to all the hassle of complaining etc.  Cases like this just walk away you dont like something then dont deal with it just ignore it . Its that easy. 

Social media and online sympathy also gets him his wee bit fame this generation seem to crave like a junkie for a fix. Sad state of affairs. 

20 hours ago, John d said:

f***ing faggots always taking stuff the wrong way.....not everyone wants to be involved in there dirty bender wedding so get over it and go bum each other in public toilets like their idol george michael 

Methinks you doth protest too much.......:thumbs:

6 hours ago, scothunter said:

Social media and online sympathy also gets him his wee bit fame this generation seem to crave like a junkie for a fix. Sad state of affairs. 

Not forgetting a handsome compo payout because someone disagreed with you and hurt your feelings.............

• Like 3

The cake wasn't for a gay wedding so they can't say it hurt their feelings. It was a slogan supporting gay weddings in general. They searched out a shop with Christian values and tried to get this reaction. If they walked into a shop as a couple and were embarrassed in front of other people I could have a tiny bit of sympathy, they didn't, they went looking for a place that would react in this way to get a reaction. 

They would never of tried it in a Muslim cake shop would they. 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The cake wasn't for a gay wedding so they can't say it hurt their feelings. It was a slogan supporting gay weddings in general. They searched out a shop with Christian values and tried to get this reaction. If they walked into a shop as a couple and were embarrassed in front of other people I could have a tiny bit of sympathy, they didn't, they went looking for a place that would react in this way to get a reaction. 

They would never of tried it in a Muslim cake shop would they. 

fook'um   anyway  , marriage  should be between a man and woman , not people of the same sex, ok i know i am old feckr 65 with  old fashion    values , been married  my self 34 years , we dont get on much  but who would after this amount of time lol, but she a good mother to my son. and being honest apart from having kids, i dont think i would have got married  back then, may as well just live together  , your still the same people, but even so  a marriage  should be man and woman ."

• Like 2