Working notice

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

A little word of warning, don't rely on anyone who works there to back up anything you say, it's all good saying yes I,m behind you in the canteen, but when it comes to the crunch look over your shoulder and there,s no one there, better off sticking your phone on record if it's going to get shirtie, ?

Wise words Greyman the days of workers backing each other up have long gone in my exspierience any way a far cry away from the days I worked down the pit.

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without sounding to much like a cynical old fart I think it's more of an age and era thing, when I was a kid growing up on an estate if the baliff,s turned up to take someone's belongings the whole es

Look at this handy government pamphlet on your rights regarding giving your notice. It will go into more details but I refer the honourable gentlemen to the comments I made earlier in the thread. But

For the most part people look after themselves and will cut everyone’s throat to survive its a fecking disgusting world we live in

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Wise words Greyman the days of workers backing each other up have long gone in my exspierience any way a far cry away from the days I worked down the pit.

For the most part people look after themselves and will cut everyone’s throat to survive

its a fecking disgusting world we live in

• Like 4
3 hours ago, tilimangro said:

For the most part people look after themselves and will cut everyone’s throat to survive

its a fecking disgusting world we live in

I get that people should stick together but he's fcucking off to a new job and if it gets messy anyone that backed him up is left to take the flack he won't be around to back them up,not everyone has a new job to walk into,people have kids bills keeping a roof over their heads to worry about. 

hopefully he can leave his job on good term's.

Your leaving so why this problem?  What would happen if you were to be run over or injured on those two days? They would have to do without your services. What sort of job is it that you do? Also do they what to part on bad terms with you or don't you matter to them.

7 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

So after talking to my boss about the 2 days she started shouting at me saying don’t have a go at me !!! I was only talking to her she tryed to blame HR department, luckily I have a whiteness that can confirm I only talked to her and did not have ago ! Now I am 100% sure am doing the [BANNED TEXT] thing moving jobs ! 

Good choice to go for whiteness them there darkies will sell their grannies for £7.20 an hour so definitely wouldn't back you up if push comes to shove.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I get that people should stick together but he's fcucking off to a new job and if it gets messy anyone that backed him up is left to take the flack he won't be around to back them up,not everyone has a new job to walk into,people have kids bills keeping a roof over their heads to worry about. 

hopefully he can leave his job on good term's.

Without sounding to much like a cynical old fart I think it's more of an age and era thing, when I was a kid growing up on an estate if the baliff,s turned up to take someone's belongings the whole estate would turn out and give them a good shoeing and torch there van, nowadays they make it into a tv show to normalise it and everyone sits behind closed doors laughing at there neighbours misfortune,give people a tiny bit of wealth and they will shit on everyone and anyone to keep it, the modern system promotes the I,m alright jack attitude,, if this situation occured 30 odd years ago, the whole factory would of walked out the door in support of him and that's the difference ✌?

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Greyman said:

Without sounding to much like a cynical old fart I think it's more of an age and era thing, when I was a kid growing up on an estate if the baliff,s turned up to take someone's belongings the whole estate would turn out and give them a good shoeing and torch there van, nowadays they make it into a tv show to normalise it and everyone sits behind closed doors laughing at there neighbours misfortune,give people a tiny bit of wealth and they will shit on everyone and anyone to keep it, the modern system promotes the I,m alright jack attitude,, if this situation occured 30 odd years ago, the whole factory would of walked out the door in support of him and that's the difference ✌?

where i work has no means for anyone to progress through the company so basically we are all the same but not one of them when they had the chance to have there say opened there mouths regarding working while the place was a building site last year they got the health and safety involved instead and there was a lot of things they had breached light working at height etc, dust , noise .

Most companys are the same these days ... anyone who dares to speak out is basically seen as a trouble maker & there time there is made as uncomfortable as possible in the hopes they f**k up or f**k off , the day in the early 80'ss I spent in a factory was like you describe , everyone had your back 

• Like 2