• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 kids. 2 with special needs. Add to that working on the door of a night club. No set pattern of sleep.I sleep when I can lol

I think some need to work abit harder during the day.office type jobs arn't you.

The watch? ?

22 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Isn't it a particular type of weed that makes you sleep? I remember smoking some as a kid and it made me paranoid as f#ck, didn't make for a good nights sleep when I thought my heart was going to stop and every noise was 'them' coming to get me :icon_eek:

Sativa is more of a head high and can make your mind race a bit

i good indica strain is more calming and sedative 

and don't over do it I very rarely get stoned just have enough to chill out 

Edited by trapperman
16 minutes ago, trapperman said:

Sativa is more of a head high and can make your mind race a bit

i good indica strain is more calming and sedative 

and don't over do it I very rarely get stoned just have enough to chill out 

:thumbs: will remember that. Went off the beer a few years back and was thinking the other day it is probably a good idea to have something to get a little relaxed / monged out every once in a while.

• Like 1

I work shifts when  nightshift my world end i sleep for two hour wake up sleep for two hours wake up think sod it and get up on day shift i get up twice during the night to pee  and wake up before my alarm goes off so roughly six hours does me 

i don't know if im scared i sleep in but in 21 years i've always wakened up before the alarm  

• Haha 1

this topic is of interest to me ,since the 1st week of january ive been working in a pharmaceutical plant.up every morning at 5,30 and leave for work at 6.20 a.m. and i have to admit ,i was like the anti christ.i was always a morning person but since i hit 50 years old 5 years ago...i dont function till after 8 a.m....get to work for 10 past 7 and on the job at 7.30,,,jesus i was like a maniac,,,so i handed in my notice cause i thought at 55 its time to unwind ...the gaffer asked me to hold on till june and they removed me from the job last week cause i wouldnt do over time ...i got home at 5-5.30 and hit the bed at 10 o clock  ...if i didnt get 7 hrs sleep,,,well stay well away from me lol...i need minimum 6 hrs sleep to function and at that its touch and go,,but even at weekends i wake at 6 every morning and listen to herself snoring happily  and i be thinking ...''why cant i sleep like that ''lol

I do 3 shifts rotattng.  6-1:30  1:30-9 9 -6. But end up doing 12 hours 6-6 a lot of the time rotating days then nights and working weekends. My sleeping pattern if horific and suffer from the changes big time.  Often do lates to earlies too. Hard life but done it 12 years now. Luckily I can do my job (printing) on auto pilot now.

I’ve always suffered with poor sleep 

I’ve never been an an early to bed type and used to regularly just stay awake all night doing things as it was too late to bother 

if o am needed anywhere very early or a long distance away , I can’t sleep and consequently have to travel or go through the night. 

I regularly travelled nearly 800 miles a weekend for numerous years. 350 of this would be done on a Sunday night , with very little effort and sometimes take 4 hrs, sometimes 8 , but I found it easier to loose a nights sleep and straight into work on Monday 

I once taught all day at Devon , then drove to Suffolk, through the night then straight away drove to Cumbria, attended a funeral in the late afternoon and then a wedding function that evening . Saturday was a right off and I slept all day . 

On the flip side of this , I am an habitual napper, I snatch half hours here and there and am the worst co driver ever,

sleep is so important in an active lifestyle, however , you can also achieve a lot more if you’re capable of loosing a few hours per week than accustomed to. 

If inwas a civilian , I’d work nights , I am horrible in the morning , the worst, I’d rather wake up at four than seven 

• Like 1

Half three in the morning and I’m awake ! Got up for a piss and can’t get back to kip .Went to bed at ten so I’ve had over five hours  and I’ll spend an hour or so flicking through THL before I can get back to sleep , I’ll be up at six as usual. This is fairly normal nightnights sleep pattern since I hit my sixties, compared to my younger days when I worked all day and was out half the night with the dogs or guns sleep was a few hours grabbed when I could spare the time with seemingly little effect . 

Nights when I sleep through and get eight hours are fcuking magic , I’m up and raring to go , sadly by twelve I’m slowing down and by two I might need a half hour knap to finish the day ..

Well, I went to sleep just after 10 and just woke up not long ago, never stirred once. :D

You lads that do night shifts I don't envy you, it is awful, I did them for a few weeks a few years back and I was like a Zombie. Apparently it knocks years off your life too!

Usually get to bed about 12 and my boys up about half 6 playing in his room so I get up.  My Mrs will sleep till about 9-10 on weekends . I love getting up with the kids in the weekend before Mrs gets up. Gives me some time on my own with then downstairs 

• Like 2