car crash advice please

well on the 1st of march whilst going home from work i was hit head on by some muppet on the wrong side of the road.my car was written of i was payed less than current value and have had to buy a new car,tax plus insure it.so far things have been total shite.my insurance firm have done feck all and are now saying it was nock for nock.to say i am pissed off is an understatement.after wasting a couple of days tring to sort everything out i thought that was what your insurance was supposed to do.do we not drive on the left hand side of the road anymore.me in the correct lane seems to stand for nothing.everytime i phone them all i get is you can not prove it sir.so it seems that you average law abbiding motorist gets shafted but some people make a living out of bogus insurance claims and that is ok.luckily only my 2nd accident in 12 years so its not like a drive like a complete asshole and am i high risk ffs.is there anything i can do as i do not see why i am having to accept this ?

I've been waiting 3and a half yrs to be payed out for an accident that wasn't my fault, lost a few stone through constantly using painkillers, time off work, 3 grand on my truck, having to buy another vehicle tax insure that, payed nearly double as my insurance company didn't send me proof of my 12 yrs no claims which were protected and had the cheek to insure me (commercial policy) and take money for my truck which was written off, they had my truck/keys and logbook  the cheeky cnuts..... In short not a very pleasant experience. I've informed the ombudsman about it and will be taking both companies to court over it. Insurance companies are f***ing slippery scum bags..... Quick enough to take your money but don't like paying out..... Told I'd be unable to work in 5 yrs because of the damage to my spine, so be f****d before I'm 45,leaves me a short fall with the mortgage which would be payed off by the time I'm 50.get a dash cam mate then there's no arguing it?told I'd get around 25/30 k but feel like telling them to stick it where the sun don't  shine and send me to prison as I won't be paying them c**ts a penny. 

The insurance brokers like knock for knock, everybody gets a wage, costs passed on to the consumer.

Pay extra on your policy for legal cover, claims recovery etc just another scam.

Take pics,  don't say it's your fault and push your insurers to provide a good sevice, ballache but I've had reasonable results through doing so in a few instances :huh:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

My advice for again is get the police, if your ring and they ask is anybody hurt say yes, if you say no most times they won’t attend. Got shafted twice in accidents that weren’t my fault. First thing the insurance company asked me the last time was did the police attend when I said no it was knock for knock. Like has been said no proof no case.

Until you have a crash it is hard to describe the strokes that Insurers (even your own) will try and pull even if you are completely blameless for the crash as I was. I wonder how many people get shafted off them every day. I would not let it drop and got every penny I was entitled to after they tried to lowball me for the value of my van,in the end I had to pay for a private assessor to value you my van and it was money well spent as I got what I said it would cost me to replace the van. There was a few other strokes they pulled but in the end Like I say I got the full value of the van .

• Like 1

They are robbing b*****ds plain and simple. Last year my insurance was around £1200 for me and the Mrs, i got my renewal notice for this year and it had gone up to over £1400. I wasn't having that so went on Confused.com and found it at £919, with my own insurers! 

Me and a mate got wiped out by a woman a few years ago, two motorbikes one car, she was on the wrong side of the road and hit us head on, clear cut case she took responsibility. My insurance company tried to put my insurance up 300 quid lol, they were told to fcuk right off.

as with most things these days it seems to matter not that you do the right thing.they want me to lie and say it was 50% my fault when i was the one who got hit head on on my side of the road.you would expect to gat back to the same position you where in before the accident not £2500 down and now have to drive an old banger as that is all i could afford.nice position to be in to get paid to do a job and do feck all.could i go through the small claims cout to at least put the asshole out a bit who has cost me so much ?

11 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Last time i had a accident i layed on the road and they air lifted me cos i said cant move my neck got a great pay out from it didnt have a scratch on me and got a helicopter ride for free 

It's scum like you taking the piss, and leaving the law abiding road user's to pick up the bill.

• Haha 1