A lovely little buy

Just got myself what I think is a cracking buy, got this little fella, cz 455 .17hmr with a hawke 3-9-50 and a cheapo sound mod, rifle has had just under 200 through it, it came with 150 rounds, gunslip, gun cabinet, all the cleaning gear and for some random reason 150 victory mini mag 40g cartridges, I gave the nice chap £250, happy days?

47BE98DE-F441-4879-A804-C321C0B64E79.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Underdog said:

Excellent buy (apart from the calibre:thumbs:)

U.

Oh yes another marmite rifle for the collection, I bought it because of the price but to be honest I quite like them for a bit of summer bunny bashing, saying that my shooting mate would knock a fence post in with it

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Good buy mate, nice rifles them, sh*t calibre lol.

I have hmr but hardly ever use it.when it goes I won’t have another. Never been enamoured with it, but it works for me in some situations. .22 hornet does all hmr does, but better. Much better imo.

• Like 3

For me, I have a little bit of land where you sit on top of a hill and all around the bottom are rabbit sets ranging from 75 to 160 yards, these little rimys seem just the job for the kids to have a go and for that price I couldn’t turn it down 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

For me, I have a little bit of land where you sit on top of a hill and all around the bottom are rabbit sets ranging from 75 to 160 yards, these little rimys seem just the job for the kids to have a go and for that price I couldn’t turn it down 

We are just jealous mate :)

Any rimfire is a hoot.

I honestly think as ammo makers are struggling to come up with anything new a whole new line of rifles in all sorts of bore sizes built around rimfire is imminent.

It's time the wheel came around again for moderate velocity rimfire in any bore size from .17-.50.

U.

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Nothing wrong with them Stavross, that’s a cracking purchase. Hmr works for me in some situations, it’s just that I find the hornet will do it better, mostly, but not always. The hmr can be ideal sometimes. 

• Like 3

I think the .22 and .17 are ideal for the kids once they start hitting thumper?in the head at 120+ yards they are hooked, the down side to the .17 is the quality of the ammo, the amount I’ve had with split cases is nuts and it doesn’t seem to matter who’s you buy you always find a couple split unless you buy Remington then about 50% if them seem to be split

17 minutes ago, Deker said:

Just read the OP again, did you really get a Gun Cabinet in that package as well?

Yeah, just a cheap one with the ammo safe in the bottom but the lad has taken up surfing? So it came with everything 

it shoots as as it should, give it a test run yesterday evening and after a couple of clicks on the scope it’s shooting flat and fast, just the way I like it ?