Fishing licence

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think if you see a river full of dead fish or a lake or pond, £30 per annum is a small fee to be able to call a number and they will come out save what they can install aeration equipment and prosec

Can only speak for here but the revenue from hunting and fishing licenses goes straight back into the management fund for improving the countryside for hunters and anglers. I have no issue paying $35U

Bailiffs want to spend more time catching the east euros raiding the rivers and lakes , with no respect for the fish or the environment 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Do you need one never heard of that before.vast Majority of fishing up here is free.

Can even take boats on any river or loch. Obv some lochs and rivers there a daily permit charge if you fish. But no ⛵ charges

Same over here we can fish the canal's and Rivers with out a license.

You need a rod licence in England and Wales. You used to be able to buy them from the post office, but they stopped doing that now and their website says use the Environment Agency. 

It's £30 a year from EA, but the first site google brings up "onlinefishinglicences.co.uk" charge £40. :icon_eek:

Chancers.

1 minute ago, neil r said:

You can still get them from the post office , you pay there and they give you a receipt which you keep and is valid till the actual license comes in the post 

Oh right. I meant P.O online. They only charge you what the licence costs.

It’s still the same price from the P.O. , don’t know about online , the post office is only round the corner so I just get it from there . Mine is £82 for the salmon and seatrout one but it covers me for 3 rods coarse fishing aswell 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Another pointless licence don't bother with it

Pointless or not mate it's there...I wouldn't wanna be caught fishing without one...not worth it imo...mine lives in my wallet

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/big-fines-for-two-kent-anglers-caught-fishing-without-a-licence

Edited by dave88
  • Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Won't say that when they tip up take your gear and impound your motor?

Easily said than done they won't have a clue who I am I've been approached by water balifs in Rivers lakes all over the country what next licence to breath in just enjoying what's there to be enjoyed 

19 minutes ago, dave88 said:

Pointless or not mate it's there...I wouldn't wanna be caught fishing without one...not worth it imo...mine lives in my wallet

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/big-fines-for-two-kent-anglers-caught-fishing-without-a-licence

Doesn't apply to me been there hundreds of times before never gave details and never heard anything after