Fishing licence

5 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Same over here we can fish the canal's and Rivers with out a license.

canals are free in Ireland, most rivers you need a license eg the liffey, its only free to fish in the Memorial Park Islandbridge

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think if you see a river full of dead fish or a lake or pond, £30 per annum is a small fee to be able to call a number and they will come out save what they can install aeration equipment and prosec

Can only speak for here but the revenue from hunting and fishing licenses goes straight back into the management fund for improving the countryside for hunters and anglers. I have no issue paying $35U

Bailiffs want to spend more time catching the east euros raiding the rivers and lakes , with no respect for the fish or the environment 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Easily said than done they won't have a clue who I am I've been approached by water balifs in Rivers lakes all over the country what next licence to breath in just enjoying what's there to be enjoyed 

Lol, they walk around with Cs gas tazers and big white German shepards, can do a vehicle check just like police ..... I've seen lads try and run through the river away from them...... They have teams on both banks...... Never ends well pal. Buy a rod license and fish where you like, always carry money and offer to buy a day ticket..... Worst they can do is ask you to move on then. DSC_1356.thumb.JPG.373c8a8087a15ef78dc941e38a358bc2.JPG

7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Lol, they walk around with Cs gas tazers and big white German shepards, can do a vehicle check just like police ..... I've seen lads try and run through the river away from them...... They have teams on both banks...... Never ends well pal. Buy a rod license and fish where you like, always carry money and offer to buy a day ticket..... Worst they can do is ask you to move on then. DSC_1356.thumb.JPG.373c8a8087a15ef78dc941e38a358bc2.JPG

f**k em ain't stopping me fish if I want to go down the river 

15 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

f**k em ain't stopping me fish if I want to go down the river 

Atb with it...... Easier to just get a license and not look over your shoulder...... My fishing gears worth thousands and can't be replaced.... 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Atb with it...... Easier to just get a license and not look over your shoulder...... My fishing gears worth thousands and can't be replaced.... 

That's the diffrence i guess I use a telescopic rod with a bit of scrap lead weight for fishing trout on the river occasionally go lake fishing but mainly mooch the rivers 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Lol, they walk around with Cs gas tazers and big white German shepards, can do a vehicle check just like police ..... I've seen lads try and run through the river away from them...... They have teams on both banks...... Never ends well pal. Buy a rod license and fish where you like, always carry money and offer to buy a day ticket..r... Worst they can do is ask you to move on then. DSC_1356.thumb.JPG.373c8a8087a15ef78dc941e38a358bc2.JPG

Rough round your way mate lol

Cheers, D.

42 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

That's the diffrence i guess I use a telescopic rod with a bit of scrap lead weight for fishing trout on the river occasionally go lake fishing but mainly mooch the rivers 

16 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Rough round your way mate lol

Cheers, D.

I seen lads fishing on a carp  syndicate with grands and grands of gear,no rod licence...  give it the big one when tugged for not having one..... Cry like babies when they lost their gear:laugh: sheer stupidity imo:yes:my mate got caught twice fishing a tiny stream/Brook for chub 2 yrs on the trot?‍♂️2 big fines lost out but learnt his lesson ?you wouldn't drive a car with out one.... Not worth the hassle...... Easier to have one keep whoever off your back and out of your bisness :thumbs:

• Like 2

you cant get a day ticket for any of the lakes round Scarborough area without showing them your rod licence...

and the ea are always knocking about! 

I wont fish without a licence, not worth the hassle when it costs next to nowt and you can do it on your phone. 

38 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Bailiffs want to spend more time catching the east euros raiding the rivers and lakes , with no respect for the fish or the environment :censored:

seen them lamping the lakes round here with waders on  harpooning!! w@nkers 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I seen lads fishing on a carp  syndicate with grands and grands of gear,no rod licence...  give it the big one when tugged for not having one..... Cry like babies when they lost their gear:laugh: sheer stupidity imo:yes:my mate got caught twice fishing a tiny stream/Brook for chub 2 yrs on the trot?‍♂️2 big fines lost out but learnt his lesson ?you wouldn't drive a car with out one.... Not worth the hassle...... Easier to have one keep whoever off your back and out of your bisness :thumbs:

Totally agree mate, I only fish 5 or 6 times a year but always get a licence, a, to support the fishing environment and b, to save any agg. 

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Yep got his reg lol

What so he pleaded guilty should of denied it all the way and made them prove he was driving it or his car wasn't cloned they can't do it you got to really put it on them most people just admit guilt and that's what you should never do 

Edited by CushtyJook
  • Like 1