Hawke Sidewinder 30 FFP scopes

I went for the 6-24x50 in the end (£425 from ebay). I fitted it yesterday and tested it. Great scope although the glass starts to get a tiny bit milky at the upper end of the mag range and the reticle lines are a bit thick in the same area. Because of this, I would recommend the 4-16x50 model for air rifles.

Turrets are spot on. Range markings appear to be pretty accurate but more  testing is needed. Build quality looks and feels good. Ocular focus, mag and parallax dials firm but very smooth. IR is very good and illumination is even across the reticle.

All in all, I'm very impressed except the price.

If you want FFP you won't do much better in this price range.

Glad to report the sidewinder FFP is spot on. Very easy to use, Turrets are bang on and the range markings are accurate aswell. I'm looking forward to getting used to it and getting the most out of it.

Pleased it has worked out for you, to be honest had I seen this post earlier, I would have said to seriously look at the Hawke Airmax scopes, really really good and designed for air rifles. Enjoy your new scope.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Had I seen this earlier I would have said just what you reported, particularly the milky image higher up the x!

The scopes are adequate for the money but certainly not exceptional! 

Personally I think they are to big and heavy (around 2lb with wheel and sunshade attached) for an air rifle for the field, but that's simply a personal opinion!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker