Proud to be English

9 minutes ago, WILF said:

I call a 100 billion quid a year awash with money.....what do you call it?

If it costs 100 billion quid a year to run I'd call it breaking even....   If your income is £400 a week and it costs you £400 a week to live would you claim that you were "awash with money".

Edited by stumfelter
Fat fingers

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

Never killed anyone there off to Rome.

As for money that's a cheap shot. I seriously doubt money was not forefront in drs diagnosis. 

But hey let's use this case like I said as political football. 

7 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

If it costs 100 billion quid amyear to run I'd call it breaking even....   If your income is £400 a week and it costs you £400 a week to live would you claim that you were "awash with money".

You do understand that they have mortgaged your life and the life of about the next 3 generations on the f***ing thing don’t you?.......I mean, you do understand ?

That means there is no limit to money if they decide they really want to find it because they borrow it off people not even born yet.........if they said tomorrow that the money is finite and that’s it’s all Come to an end you would all piss your draws because you couldn’t go down the road to the GP and get an aspirin! 

Edited by WILF
23 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Never killed anyone there off to Rome.

As for money that's a cheap shot. I seriously doubt money was not forefront in drs diagnosis. 

But hey let's use this case like I said as political football. 

No, let’s use every case as a political football because that’s what it is.

The doctors have given a prognosis not a diagnosis from what I can see, which to me means if they dont know what’s wrong they can only then guess at the outcome based on the factors.......that still leaves a tiny bit of room for hope.

If it were mine (god forbid) then hope would be enough ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

I personally have very little sentiment or feeling about things like this, I have my own thoughts that I will keep to myself as many will find them offensive, but my big objection in this and any of the other cases like it, is that a government can have more power and say so over a persons child than the child's own parents and that's were the big problem gets masked by human emotion, if I saw fit to attempt to take my child anywere in the world to hopefully improve there quality of life, I as the parent should have that right and no one else should be able to over rule it, after all the worst thing can happen is the child won't make it and if it stays here it definately won't make it, the first person I believe to fall foul of a European arrest warrant were attempting to take there son to another country for a life saving op, it's about controlling your subjects rather than what's right for the individual family, 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Why you so vocal on the subject all of a sudden wilf ? Obviosly dont need to amswer but have you experienced something like this personally?

No mate, no personal experience thank god.

It just resonated with me that somebody else, in modern Britain, got to decide if a young families toddler should die?......that can’t be right can it?

And it further strikes me that in a country (and a world) where we are told that we should, and some cases are legally obliged, to give importance to so much petty f***ing nonsense that people seem to think the life of a kid is buck shee?

Have we all gone f***ing mad or is it me that's nuts? 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

No mate, no personal experience thank god.

It just resonated with me that somebody else, in modern Britain, got to decide if a young families toddler should die?......that can’t be right can it?

And it further strikes me that in a country (and a world) where we are told that we should, and some cases are legally obliged, to give importance to so much petty f***ing nonsense that people seem to think the life of a kid is buck shee?

Have we all gone f***ing mad or is it me that's nuts? 

It's definitely just you......

• Haha 1

I'm gonna wade in here....

The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training (on a large scale) the next generation of UK based Drs because they can get them cheaper from India and elsewhere (until they have their experience and move into private healthcare), health tourists jetting in to have kids/cancer treatment/bollocks reduction etc!

Why not put money into a 2 year old to potentially save his life and give him a couple more years with his/her family?

Sack the leech managers, train our native Drs and nurses wannabes, and remove all aspect of importing Drs to the detriment of our home grown talent!

It's being run by a shower of cnuts who only care about their pay packet and ultimate pension!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I personally have very little sentiment or feeling about things like this, I have my own thoughts that I will keep to myself as many will find them offensive, but my big objection in this and any of the other cases like it, is that a government can have more power and say so over a persons child than the child's own parents and that's were the big problem gets masked by human emotion, if I saw fit to attempt to take my child anywere in the world to hopefully improve there quality of life, I as the parent should have that right and no one else should be able to over rule it, after all the worst thing can happen is the child won't make it and if it stays here it definately won't make it, the first person I believe to fall foul of a European arrest warrant were attempting to take there son to another country for a life saving op, it's about controlling your subjects rather than what's right for the individual family, 

Yes mate.....f***ing yes !

• Like 1

I dont agree woth you in terms of the abortion thing.  But in this case i do. Doctors don't evem know whats wrong said hed be dead within ten mins of life support going off and hes still breathing on his own. If doctors in italy are giving this family a slight bit of hope then go for it.  I do disagree with the slating your giving the doctors over here tho. Might get to italy and they say the exact same thing what woukd your views on that be ?

I think I have said NHS all along and do t think I mentioned doctors once but I could be wrong 

3 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

It's definitely just you......

Maybe it is mate, maybe the rural life has got to me?.......all I know is, the more I see, read and hear of people the less I f***ing understand them.......half the time I don’t know wether to feel disgust, hatred or pitty.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I agree let them get to italy try when there is no actual diagnosis and our doctors dont have a clue. But if doctors in italy come to the same conclusion where does it end for you. Voodoo, spiritual healers ??

It ends when the child’s parents decide it ends........how can it morally be any other way mate?

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I agree let them get to italy try when there is no actual diagnosis and our doctors dont have a clue. But if doctors in italy come to the same conclusion where does it end for you. Voodoo, spiritual healers ??

Rusty mate this is not about diagnosis! It's about giving a Brit family the love and compassion they need, in this moment. Why have they given up so easy? MONEY!

My mum was born dead with cerebal palsy, the drs battled for hours to save her. She lived and went on to have 3 healthy sons, grandchildren and see the world. Yes she has severe physical issues but so what? She has everything she could ever hope for and more! Why? Because the drs didn't give a fuuck about money back then, only saving the life!

• Thanks 2

Yeah i worded that wrong. When does it become cruel is what im getting at when do they say enough is enough your just prolonging sufferong. Its hard to word and a thing i hope i mever have to experience as when it comes to my boy i would go to the end of the earth to give him everything i can. 

I think again, you have to believe that a parent wants what’s best in a situation like this above everyone, the doctors will give them the info and they decide........you can’t tell me that a high court judge and even a team of doctors who are no relation care more about welfare than the parent.

It HAS to be them and their choice all the way imho