Proud to be English

On this day, our patron saints day, Italy had to grant a little 2 year old English toddler citizenship so that we didn’t kill him !!

If he was 2 years and 16 weeks younger no one would bat an eyelid about killing him but that’s  another story.

Makes you proud don’t it ! :( 

• Haha 3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

On this day, our patron saints day, Italy had to grant a little 2 year old English toddler citizenship so that we didn’t kill him !!

If he was 2 years and 16 weeks younger no one would bat an eyelid about killing him but that’s  another story.

Makes you proud don’t it ! :( 

My heart is broken poor little windrush ponces labours diane Abbott you scum sucking slaaaagg  fk you ???????????????????????????????????

They are waiting to get transfer to a Vatican assisted hospital in Rome for the little lad.....they have said they won’t kill him and just keep trying.

Being kept alive to live as a vegetable is hardly living though is it? Withdrawing the treatment isn't killing.

I can't imagine the pain and anguish the parents are going through, but they aren't doing this for the child's benefit, just their own. 

IMO it's selfishly dragging out the inevitable.

Just my opinion of course. 

I don't understand, i keep reading on Facebook that he's ok and is not in a bad state at all. If that's the case then why is he being kept alive by machine? Haven't really read up on the case so don't know the details. All i can say is the parents are going through the worst ordeal imaginable and i won't judge them on their behaviour.

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always thinking 'what if' 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, walshie said:

Being kept alive to live as a vegetable is hardly living though is it? Withdrawing the treatment isn't killing.

I can't imagine the pain and anguish the parents are going through, but they aren't doing this for the child's benefit, just their own. 

IMO it's selfishly dragging out the inevitable.

Just my opinion of course. 

They were going to kill him with chemical suffocation (whatever that is?)

The NHS is there mate, it’s paid for, it’s always being paid for, they have a 100 billion quid every year of other peoples money.......Never mind the morality or emotional side, i just dont think they have the right to make that call with a persons little child.

As was said below, what human being with any heart could give up on the kid......he is a toddler not a f***ing cat ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, walshie said:

Didn't know about the chemical suffocation. That's bad dos. 

Well, it’s only what I read but I know if you had read that too you’d be as disgusted as the next man mate :thumbs:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yes 

I didn't mean in your opinion, I meant in a professional capacity.

People tend to become doctors to save lives, I doubt very much this decision has been made without every consideration being thought through.

A great number of doctors will be parents and decisions like this will weigh heavy on them.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, mackay said:

People tend to become doctors to save lives, I doubt very much this decision has been made without every consideration being thought through.

A great number of doctors will be parents and decisions like this will weigh heavy on them.

In my experience, a doctor will only say there is no hope when that is the case. I've never, ever known a medical professional to give false hope !

15 minutes ago, mackay said:

Do you think the decision would of been the same if it was their own child.

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Do you think the decision would of been the same if it was their own child.

Doctors swear the Hippocratic oath - among other things, "to preserve life to the best of their ability". A patient's personal circumstances don't come into it.

I'm not one for sharing very personal things on here, but here goes..........

My oldest stepson's second child was born very premature, with multiple complications (which I won't go into). She was ventilated and sedated, being kept alive mechanically. Over many occasions, over several weeks, the effect of the ventilator was reduced, to see if she would breathe unaided. Sadly, she failed each time, but every time, we could hear the consultant willing her on - "come on, little one, come on"......... After the final occasion, he took my wife, her son and his partner into a private room, to break the hardest news of all - that there was no hope.

The following day, my wife and I returned to join her boy, who had stayed all night. The ventilator was gradually reduced, and she was allowed to slip away with dignity and in peace.

It was a terrible thing to happen to anyone, but believe me when I tell you that the consultant was crying, too ! Unashamedly crying, real tears running down his face !

That man attempted to move heaven and earth, to save a little child he owed nothing to. He and his colleagues worked tirelessly, around the clock, for weeks on end - and I'm sure that he felt his failure to do it hurt him as much as it did us !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3