Proud to be English

2 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

It's an insult to the doctors and nurses who train their asses off to suggest such things.

Exactly! So who are rubbing their hands together as certain people would have us believe?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

Its true though weasel; you chop and change your opinion more than most do socks. 

Careful now, don’t go off and form an original thought or opinion of your own sunshine......wait for someone to throw you a bone, much safer ;) 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Careful now, don’t go off and form an original thought or opinion of your own sunshine......wait for someone to throw you a bone, much safer ;) 

Mines well and truelly formed as I said earlier... your a cowardly little weasel that couldn' hack it so deserted 

Just now, stumfelter said:

Unfortunately this topic is descending into a slanging match that I'm not prepared to take part in. I'll agree to disagree and sorry if I've caused any offence.

Just for the record, you didn’t offend me matey.....atb 

• Like 1
On 24/04/2018 at 15:47, mushroom said:

Rusty mate this is not about diagnosis! It's about giving a Brit family the love and compassion they need, in this moment. Why have they given up so easy? MONEY!

My mum was born dead with cerebal palsy, the drs battled for hours to save her. She lived and went on to have 3 healthy sons, grandchildren and see the world. Yes she has severe physical issues but so what? She has everything she could ever hope for and more! Why? Because the drs didn't give a fuuck about money back then, only saving the life!

That’s such a heart warming tale mate !! 

16 hours ago, WILF said:

But the NHS does exist mate and it has cost thousands of billions of pounds and will continue to do so.......what if don’t really come into it.

Its there, it exists, it was sold as care from cradle to grave and has an untouchable status......damn right they should follow the wishes of the very people that pay for it.

That's the problem though, mate. You honestly think the taxpayer has a say in a government bureaucracy? On paper sure! In practice? We've fully established that it's not the place for individual liberties. If there is anything that can be done for the lad I hope they can pull it off but thoughts, prayers, and internet diagnosis aren't worth the bandwidth.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's the problem though, mate. You honestly think the taxpayer has a say in a government bureaucracy? On paper sure! In practice? We've fully established that it's not the place for individual liberties. If there is anything that can be done for the lad I hope they can pull it off but thoughts, prayers, and internet diagnosis aren't worth the bandwidth.

No mate they don’t......but they should.

And If baffles me because it’s never about “the thing” at the end of folks noses, it’s always about the bigger picture.

When you strip it back, the very harsh reality is that it don’t matter if the toddler lives or dies to everyone commenting here.......what matters is that the state can order you to die and charge you the type of money for the privillage that means you will always be poor and at their mercy from the time you are born to the time they put you in the ground.

That should matter to everyone but they don’t seem to consider it.

At the time of the hunting ban a good pal of mine who is a non hunter said “well, it don’t matter to me because I don’t hunt”

But it’s like anything else, how long is it before they come and get your thing?

State mandated death of a child of a family who have spent a fortune investing in the thing that’s going to kill their kid.......does that seriously not bother anyone else?

”Please keep our child alive”

”Now, be a good citizen and move out the way.....we know best”

”oh, look over there at that nurse.....she is an angel isnt she”

Nothing to see here.......move along.

Edited by WILF

Invested a fortune! There not exactly old parents. And maybe being a bit flippant here but if he goes around stabbing 14year olds I doubt he will be employable. 

But I know that's not the issue just that sprung out while reading that.

Also I think we both know that scenario didn't play out as you described. One of those drs has cared for that wee boy since he was born and I've heard of drs getting emotional when an old person dies Incan imagine they are all pretty upset over this. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

No mate they don’t......but they should.

And If baffles me because it’s never about “the thing” at the end of folks noses, it’s always about the bigger picture.

When you strip it back, the very harsh reality is that it don’t matter if the toddler lives or dies to everyone commenting here.......what matters is that the state can order you to die and charge you the type of money for the privillage that means you will always be poor and at their mercy from the time you are born to the time they put you in the ground.

That should matter to everyone but they don’t seem to consider it.

At the time of the hunting ban a good pal of mine who is a non hunter said “well, it don’t matter to me because I don’t hunt”

But it’s like anything else, how long is it before they come and get your thing?

State mandated death of a child of a family who have spent a fortune investing in the thing that’s going to kill their kid.......does that seriously not bother anyone else?

”Please keep our child alive”

”Now, be a good citizen and move out the way.....we know best”

”oh, look over there at that nurse.....she is an angel isnt she”

Nothing to see here.......move along.

thats abit black and white pal , i see were your coming from ,, but!!, now i dont think the state should over ride a decission to  keep           someone alive or  to be blunt  kill them.  on medical grounds  ,,  how do you measure pain and suffering?and quality of life  is there a scale?  

24 minutes ago, riohog said:

thats abit black and white pal , i see were your coming from ,, but!!, now i dont think the state should over ride a decission to  keep           someone alive or  to be blunt  kill them.  on medical grounds  ,,  how do you measure pain and suffering?and quality of life  is there a scale?  

Pain and suffering (as people keep wanting to say) is one thing........quality of life is quiet another.

One could be considered abuse and the other is purely a matter of opinion......in my deluded mind you don’t let people die because it’s your opinion that their life has no quality or value.

There is a case to say you let the little lad slip away is he is in any type of pain and is suffering as a result but then I’m sure the parents would be in full agreement.

This is not the case here I believe, nobody is saying he is in pain...........except those trying to make a case to let him die.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, scothunter said:

Invested a fortune! There not exactly old parents. And maybe being a bit flippant here but if he goes around stabbing 14year olds I doubt he will be employable. 

But I know that's not the issue just that sprung out while reading that.

Also I think we both know that scenario didn't play out as you described. One of those drs has cared for that wee boy since he was born and I've heard of drs getting emotional when an old person dies Incan imagine they are all pretty upset over this. 

Mate, I’m not being a prick but there is no stated minimum term of investment.

When absolutely any c**t can fly in from some 3rd world shithouse and get treated like the Virgin Mary herself you are telling me that a British citizen has to have a limit put on his entitlement to a system that he will pay for his whole life, as did his parents, his grandparents and as will his children, his grand children and their grandchildren and all of his relatives?

You are all paying for this as an act of forced charity, you are told it’s for everyone no matter what.......well then that’s what it should be.

Care from cradle to grave, no terms and conditions, no clauses, no rules of qualification.......that’s what you have been forcefully sold and that’s what you should get.

Or is that just my bizarre logic again?