Awesome indeed.

particularly like pics 2,3 and 4, showing the feathers.

Am always blown away by your and others photos on this thread. I’ve never really noticed birds all that much- they’re just ‘there’; 

but, thanks to the photographers on here, I’m seeing and noticing so much more. 

Lovely. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Squeamish - Thank you for such a lovely comment and glad you like the photos...

It wasn't until I started getting into wildlife photography that I too didn't realise just how much wildlife and nature was on my doorstep, some things close to home and some further afield...

Bell - not stupid at all, I've found dead birds, had a swallow fly into window last year and killed itlself so straight into freezer, also aviary birds that have passed away if you know people who keep them or birds for taxidermy that aren't in best condition to do anything with...

The hide I went to - the guy has a huge supply of dead woodland birds so he baits the perches everyday.

Cheers for that mate, stunning pics.....keep them coming.  Ever thought about baiting for merlin/hen harrier ?.......must be some in your neck of the woods and I know some grouse moors diversion feed the harriers to keep them off the grouse chicks ...

Arry, JJM and Walt - thank you very much for the comments, much appreciated.

Bell - thank you...  Merlin are fairly few and far between to be near me to be honest, they can be seen on the coast but no too regular sightings...

We do have Marsh Harriers nesting local but they are schedule 1 birds and need special licenses etc to get anywhere near nest sights or feeding grounds - they can be viewed through bins and have seen juveniles hunting wetlands but never close enough for good shots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, steve66 said:

Amazing pics , have you ever had any published ?

Thank you Steve, very kind and much appreciated.

I've not had any published as I wouldn't know where to start, got a couple framed photos for home and done a calendar of wildlife for family xmas presents last year.

Just a hobby that gets me out and about of a spring/summers evening and most weekends.

• Like 2