They Are The 12%

I'm doing the Sunday headlines with my morning coffee and came across this article in The Sun and then this article in The Grocer. According to data in a recent survey of 2000 people, 6% said they were vegetarian. 4% pescetarian with 2% vegan. Extrapolated across the nation as a whole it suggests that 7.8 million Brits have ditched meat entirely. 3.9 million people identifying as vegetarian. 31% of those surveyed claimed that animal welfare issues were the driving factor in their decision. Environmental concerns accounted for 21%. The big shift is coming from those under 35 as the younger generation embrace vegetables as a fundamentalist tool in the green living religion.

Given @WILF's thread on salad's threat to society, and invoking the slippery slope fallacy, we'll surely be seeing a further societal decline as the meat-free population increases?

What is the tipping point where crusty long hairs become the majority and Great Britain becomes ripe for conquest?

Thoughts?

YIS... Christopher 'Mid Porterhouse' Jones...

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basically, any bloke who is a vegetarian is a f***ing queer so let’s have that right from the start ! There is probably some long winded and very sensible scientific reason as to why meat eaters

My thoughts who gives a shit what other folk do.eat what you like I know I do. If in honest might make the next generation of Brits look a lot less than those obese yanks. The amount of fat kids

I,m with the shadow environment secretary, I love my meat smoked just like my fags 

Posted Images

My thoughts who gives a shit what other folk do.eat what you like I know I do.

If in honest might make the next generation of Brits look a lot less than those obese yanks. The amount of fat kids these days is shocking. 

Stood at the back of this fat  family other week in Morrison's. f***ing hell the amount of sweets and crisps getting put up on the belt I had to bite my tongue.The kid was stuffing chocolate in his face the second it went through the till. 

The mother had an arse on her like a Baghdad money lender. 

Imagine cleaning thier cage out in the morning!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

The good lady's stepmum doesn't like me eating venison and rabbit "because they're so cute".........but, she loves lamb, so has clearly never seen one ! She doesn't like me eating pheasant, but she eats chicken that's been so genetically modified that it can't walk by the time it's a few months old !

My sister in law is "vegetarian, but I eat fish and chicken" - never been able to make sense of that one !

And, weirdest of all - my ferrets don't like rabbit ! True !

There's no accounting for taste.............

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, scothunter said:

My thoughts who gives a shit what other folk do.eat what you like I know I do.

True! I was genuinely surprised at the number, though. I wasn't sure whether it was down to the lack of knives available to cut your steaks.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

True! I was genuinely surprised at the number, though. I wasn't sure whether it was down to the lack of knives available to cut your steaks.

I hate steak.rather have  casserole or stew. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, scothunter said:

I hate steak.rather have  casserole or stew. 

I'm a big fan of bison at the moment but I reckon a decent cook can make a gourmet meal out of pretty much anything. I wanted to do a smoked bison shoulder but I'd need to build an extension on the grill!

3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm a big fan of bison at the moment but I reckon a decent cook can make a gourmet meal out of pretty much anything. I wanted to do a smoked bison shoulder but I'd need to build an extension on the grill!

yeah them things are huge.

few bison farms by me,they aint an animal you can just drag into the back box of the F150

Basically, any bloke who is a vegetarian is a f***ing queer so let’s have that right from the start !

There is probably some long winded and very sensible scientific reason as to why meat eaters are more alpha than grass munchers (apex predator stuff and all that) but I’m f****d if I can be bothered to work it out.

All I know is, in nature grass eaters are prey and meat eaters are the guvnor!

Hence 3 million weedy little f**k pigs walking about the gaff !

Edited to add:

Do you think I will now be awarded my honorary degree in biology and the development of the human species?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Pound to a pinch of piss the very f***ing moment they are a majority then they will be banning meat products. We should consider adding arsenic to their tofu now. Proactively!

The shadow environment secretary believes meat should be treated the same as fags.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

there was something on the radio the other day..

about chicken packaging and how they have altered it so that the drippy up and coming lefties dont have to touch the stuff,

wtf is this world coming too. 

I eat any veg but its shite without meat!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, WILF said:

Basically, any bloke who is a vegetarian is a f***ing queer so let’s have that right from the start !

There is probably some long winded and very sensible scientific reason as to why meat eaters are more alpha than grass munchers (apex predator stuff and all that) but I’m f****d if I can be bothered to work it out.

All I know is, in nature grass eaters are prey and meat eaters are the guvnor!

Hence 3 million weedy little f**k pigs walking about the gaff !

Edited to add:

Do you think I will now be awarded my honorary degree in biology and the development of the human species?

you might be the main contender for the benard manning award for political greatness lol

i remember two ex girlfriends of mine being veggies and they had no issue with my meat

• Haha 2