Had a phone call at 3.45 this morning from my son who,s out fishing, he has just caught his first 30lb carp at 34.12, I would normally have driven the hour to the lake to share the moment but had agreed to drop my daughter off at the bus station at 6 for a coach to London, so I got up at 4 and boned out a belly of pork stuffed it with herbs and put it in for 4 hrs low and slow, picked my daughter up at 545 and dropped her into the station for her coach, on the way out of town bit of police activity in the Avon gorge, so slowed down for a bit of a gander to see them pulling a dead body out the bush,s about 20 foot in front of me, back home by 645, housework and dinner sorted by 9am, what a mad night 

• Like 4

He had another one of 32 lb + last night as well, recon I might have to take the front door off to get his head in when he arrives home, but as a dad I,m probably almost as buzzing as he is, he was sleeping in a unhooking Matt  at the back of my bivvie from the age of 7,  now he,s out there doing it himself, the circle of life and all that ???

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

He had another one of 32 lb + last night as well, recon I might have to take the front door off to get his head in when he arrives home, but as a dad I,m probably almost as buzzing as he is, he was sleeping in a unhooking Matt  at the back of my bivvie from the age of 7,  now he,s out there doing it himself, the circle of life and all that ???

Do you know what chew valley like for carp fishing greyman.?

51 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Do you know what chew valley like for carp fishing greyman.?

There are a few in there but it's trout and pike only for official fishing mate and not cheap, interestingly Matt Hayes and mick brown had all there gear nicked from there van when they done the rod race programme down there some years back, if your in that neck of the woods mate and want a big reservoir carp, cheddar res would be a better bet and there's loads of big tench in there to keep you busy while your waiting ?     

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2