Guilty Of Sending An Offensive Message

19 year old lad from Glasgow went on Facebook calling some other lad secteraian stuff.

Next day cops arrested him so yes you can be. Depends if it's reported to police and once viewed they deem it needs to be investigated. Once interviewed it's passed onto the crown who ultimately make the decision whether to proceed with prosecution. 

The cops can charge him if a crime is committed but again even a charge the crown has the final say. 

I honestly believe some of these cases are either dropped or taken further depending on whichever crown officer reading the police report is offended or not. 

Biased imo.

Example if that lad called the other lad a Fenian b*****d and the officer in the crown office took offence he would proceed.and vice versa if he was a prod and he took offence in the insult orange b*****d. Or race colour etc.

How many cases I know a few who have been taken to court and the sheriff/judge threw them out and chastised the crown for bringing it in front of him in first place! 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The silly ,misguided students we laughed at 20 and 30 years ago ,the ones who banged on about racism ,political correctness ,the phobias ,cultural appropriation,feminism and all the rest of the "I'm a

f**k them say what I like always will regardless of consequences. .. Im a big boy now know what in saying and tbh I say stuff for the whole purpose to offend the particular c**t it's aimed at. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

:D

Yes I have some......

We're past saving, society that is. No level of reason or compromise will do. Complete Anarchy is the only way out now. I just can't get my head around this shit. :fool:

Terrible isn't it. Any illusion of the right to freedom of speech in the UK now sits firmly with the deluded. Sure you can speak as you please but there could be serious consequences.

4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Wonder if you are actually allowed to say it on a record now then ? 

As in jay z or Kanye or anyone else , will they be allowed to use it or sell their wares in the uk now? 

Context. They can say what they want over here. They can record what they want over here. Over there it'll probably be dubbed out by the British wing of the recording company so as not to offend.

I was driving home from Las Vegas last night, about an hour before the OP. Ice Cube's 'We Had To Tear This M*th*rf*ck*r Up' uncensored on the radio... Different worlds. If I posted those lyrics on Instagram I'd be doing a 25 stretch thanks to PC Perpetually-Offended.

4 hours ago, walshie said:

Can you still call someone a wigger or are rhyming words not allowed?

Now the precedent has been set it's only a matter of time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, John d said:

Serious question.....could they investigate a username?? Say someone on here did get pulled on a racist comment and the police found out the ip address/computer/phone it came from how could they prove who physically used it to write it? 

Yes. Different laws but lads from this forum have been presented with a list of their posts on an arrest. It will all depend on just how far they want to push it but where Great Britain used to be you're not allowed to say things anymore. They can easily prove this with a phone as they're not usually used by several people and are registered to an individual. Computers can use the IP to track it to an address and then short-list the suspects. Search and seizure of computers is simply a matter of a raid and an agenda.

15 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Terrible isn't it. Any illusion of the right to freedom of speech in the UK now sits firmly with the deluded. Sure you can speak as you please but there could be serious consequences.

Context. They can say what they want over here. They can record what they want over here. Over there it'll probably be dubbed out by the British wing of the recording company so as not to offend.

I was driving home from Las Vegas last night, about an hour before the OP. Ice Cube's 'We Had To Tear This M*th*rf*ck*r Up' uncensored on the radio... Different worlds. If I posted those lyrics on Instagram I'd be doing a 25 stretch thanks to PC Perpetually-Offended.

Now the precedent has been set it's only a matter of time.

Radio play of something as seemingly innocuous as "Money for nothing" by Dire Straits is routinely censored over here, to remove the lyric "That little faggot's got his own jet plane, That little faggot's he's a millionaire".........

Yet YouTube has a video by Hoxton Boys (I believe it's known as 'drill music'), which contains the lyrics "Stick in my shank and twist it" and "Ask the opps (opposing gangs) how much blood we've spilt"...........

I don't get it.

13 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The great betrayal in all of this is by and to ourselves. Time and again we, the citizens, negligently allow these laws to go through Parliament and into statute. We don't care because they're sold to us all very reasonably, we don't care when the people we don't like are the ones being prosecuted.

We essentially rely on the lack of resource and favourable political leaning of the police as the only things protecting our civil liberty. When we should have stopped it two steps ago before it ever got written into law. Even in the UK it should have been judged unconstitutional.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Blackbriar said:

I don't get it.

YouTube is American. While it's a private platform the speech is constitutionally protected and YouTube's private business policy will be to let that continue until it starts to hurt share prices. Local radio is at the whim of PC Perpetually-Offended. You have no protection as demonstrated by the EU's get out clause to 'hate speech.'

IMHO not enough people have given a sh*t for too long. Generally with rights victories are only temporary whereas defeat is usually permanent. Chelsea Russell is now the poster child of what happens when lunatics go unchecked for so long.

1 minute ago, Ted Newgent said:

i need to fly back for a week and see how many times i can get fckn nicked

F*ck that! I'll spend the rest of my life in prison for what I'm carrying in my pockets! Plastic straw ban anyone? For the children...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

F*ck that! I'll spend the rest of my life in prison for what I'm carrying in my pockets! Plastic straw ban anyone? For the children...

Most of us would be nicked for what we carry around in our heads ! :laugh:

• Like 1

"Spasticus Autisticus" by Ian Dury was (and I believe still is)  banned by the BBC.

Not because of its title - surprisingly - but because of the line "I wibble when I piddle 'cos my middle is a riddle".................

...........get your head around that one !

• Like 1