Blasted fox's.

Have been after a big lad of a fox for two weeks now.

He has been raising chickens every night at a local egg unit. The thing is I have not seen him anywhere in the area around the unit as late as gone 1am and first light, no pheasant has betrayed him too.

All I had to go off was huge ( for fox) paw prints, so big I sometimes wondered if I was dealing with a marauding dog!

After much thought I thought I will check the nearest sheep farm that also has a disused quarry next to it, always a favourite hideout for fox. It about three miles to a crow from the egg unit.

Well I am not sure if I got my fox but I certainly got a big one!

60 yards I got down to and thought I am pushing my luck! Shot one flattened him, shot two was for good measure!

IMG_20180417_214027219.jpg

IMG_20180417_214144553.jpg

IMG_20180417_214836550.jpg

U.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Navek said:

Whip us the tail of please nath 

unless your keeping it ...that’s a nic3 size fox in good condition 

It's not very good really. He looks to have some mange on it so didn't want to handle him much.

I have spotted another fox  to have a punt at !

U.

3 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Arrows as usual Nath ,he,s a big 1,is that your WMR doing the doo.

I only have two rimfires now, no more center fires now. Yes the wmr put this one straight down with the first shot, I double tapped him for good measure.

I feared ditching the center fires a few years ago but not any more, I have done equally as well but have versatility and no more loading bench.

I could be easily tempted by a .25" large rimfire if they come out with one one day.

U.