Beddy greyhound pups

7 hours ago, billhardy said:

Seen a few black tans blue tans when xes with greys or whippets its from the beddie .atb bill

guessed it was but something in the bedlington makeup from way back in its development must of been like that.

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of Bruce's litter and his sister's litter       

He Ar seven month f1beddlington greyhound first generation 

Bruce has a cracking coat on him handy for on.the moors on a cold day 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, two crows said:

guessed it was but something in the bedlington makeup from way back in its development must of been like that.

Mixes of Lakeland border was added in some lines for the best I believe my bro had rillington from George hard little worker worked all below ,right size right jacket right temp he produced blue. Tans black tans when getting lurchers .most and best of all he produced good grafters..them beddie type I found when Xes out to other runner were superior .seem ta click chocolate type seen them in the beddie xs fawn which some say don't come do on f1 gutch common  lines throw them occasionally  those Black and Tan rough Norfolk types from the seventies with beddie influence the red and tans that were stunning looking animals bedlington influence the rainbow has many colours the gene pool of the bedlington pretty much the same. Atb bill

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Mixes of Lakeland border was added in some lines for the best I believe my bro had rillington from George hard little worker worked all below ,right size right jacket right temp he produced blue. Tans black tans when getting lurchers .most and best of all he produced good grafters..them beddie type I found when Xes out to other runner were superior .seem ta click chocolate type seen them in the beddie xs fawn which some say don't come do on f1 gutch common  lines throw them occasionally  those Black and Tan rough Norfolk types from the seventies with beddie influence the red and tans that were stunning looking animals bedlington influence the rainbow has many colours the gene pool of the bedlington pretty much the same. Atb bill

its a bed colour, was just going to mention the Lakeland blood because the only one I've seen was from Rillington breeding?

3 hours ago, billhardy said:

sounds about right forty od years ago my coursing dogs had beddy in, but every pup I bred was smooth coated, yet other people got broken coats later on,  so can take generations to come out.

7 hours ago, billhardy said:

You are right about the gutch common lines bill.  My brother in law got a pair of pups out of a 1st cross whip/grey to a gc bred beddy in 1979.  Red/fawn dog pup and a lovely dark blue and tan bitch pup from same litter.  Bich died of gastroenteritis at 4 months old, but the dog went on to be a really useful daytime ferreting/mooching dog.  Best coats on any bedlington bred dogs I've personally ever seen.  Totally waterproof and very dense

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You are right about the gutch common lines bill.  My brother in law got a pair of pups out of a 1st cross whip/grey to a gc bred beddy in 1979.  Red/fawn dog pup and a lovely dark blue and tan bitch pup from same litter.  Bich died of gastroenteritis at 4 months old, but the dog went on to be a really useful daytime ferreting/mooching dog.  Best coats on any bedlington bred dogs I've personally ever seen.  Totally waterproof and very dense

thanks for confirming that I knows but some obviously ain't got the knowledge lol,we bred both back tan plus blue tan from one also a a fawn one from a butch moon bred beddie.that beddie male from George my bro owned was really decent fa that type a terrier in the ground made staleys stuff look what they were toss.atb bill

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, billhardy said:

thanks for confirming that I knows but some obviously ain't got the knowledge lol,we bred both back tan plus blue tan from one also a a fawn one from a butch moon bred beddie.that beddie male from George my bro owned was really decent fa that type a terrier in the ground made staleys stuff look what they were toss.atb bill

Lol :thumbs:

Just found that browsing bred from kc bedlington they also have another nest of same another fawn dog amongst ,them now here we have but rue blue blood producing colours,I have allways found it happen kc or otherwise at one time where I am was a hot bed for the bedlington xs fa decks sake they bred enough of them  round this neck of the woods.