R.I.P Sergeant Hartman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The History Channel did a bit on Kubrick and they interviewed Ermey about his role. I don't think he actually acted any of it. It was just how he did it when he was with recruits. He opened up about h

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Bad taste lol..... I'm a Derek..... And Derek's don't run ????

Can't believe Derek never won oscar for best actor that year. I think paul Newman won it for Colour Of Money. Derek was robbed ???

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, gnipper said:

Nothing wrong with bad taste it was a great film when I was a kid , brain dead is good too by Peter Jackson. 

It's on utube if you want to relive your youth. They don't even give a copyright warning.??? If you have 1 and a half hours of your life to throw away then watch it.

3 hours ago, lanesra said:

Watching them clips reminded me how hillarious he was in that , if I'd off been in that hall he'd of killed me as I'd of been in hysterics listening to him . . Private Snowball ????????

Rip Sgt .

Edited by low plains drifter
6 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Is that you John Wayne ?, is this me ?

I've always liked the bit that follows that, where he punches Joker, and the camera looks up into Hartman's face - "You will not laugh ! You will not cry ! You will learn by the numbers - I will teach you !"...............jesus, talk about a death stare ! I reckon if you look up "intimidation" in a dictionary, there's just a picture of that stare.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I've always liked the bit that follows that, where he punches Joker, and the camera looks up into Hartman's face - "You will not laugh ! You will not cry ! You will learn by the numbers - I will teach you !"...............jesus, talk about a death stare ! I reckon if you look up "intimidation" in a dictionary, there's just a picture of that stare.

The History Channel did a bit on Kubrick and they interviewed Ermey about his role. I don't think he actually acted any of it. It was just how he did it when he was with recruits. He opened up about his time as a drill instructor and told about how much pressure they were under to get them battle ready for Vietnam. He mentioned that they'd check the obituaries to see if any of their lads were killed in country and you can tell it was genuinely moving for him. Decent bloke by all accounts.

• Like 4

Most of all of this is American hype. He was in the marines , eventually a staff Sgt in the aviation dept. in the service from 1961 to 1972. Medically discharged. 30 years after he left the service he was made an honorary gunnery sgt and a drill sgt retrospectively. Not everything that you see is real. it's like a pigeon coming into a decoy pattern. Basicaly he was an actor.  RIP though.

its strange how this post is put up   and i watched all the vids of him only LAST NIGHT  when i was browsing through youtube ,,i started with the MICKEY MOUSE MARCHING TUNE  from the film and went on to watch him and the rest of the gang in action ....

Edited by jigsaw
54 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

its strange how this post is put up   and i watched all the vids of him only LAST NIGHT  when i was browsing through youtube ,,i started with the MICKEY MOUSE MARCHING TUNE  from the film and went on to watch him and the rest of the gang in action ....

Sounds like we're cross-posting from the Deja Vu thread now... 

post-22-0-51395100-1450204820.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

The ending scene with that music is very eerie indeed.

• Like 1