went to toon match today

my mate invited me to the Newcastle arsenal game today,what a result for Newcastle 2 I that is the toon safe now,so much for the ones that said we would go straight back down,at least one north east team has done well,pitty about sunderland but I think they are doomed now

Glad Newcastle are safe as the Pl is a better league with the Toon Army involved , but don't get carried away beating Arsenal at home , only won 3 away games all season , run by a dictator who was finished as a top class manager yrs ago !! 

• Like 1

the thing with ashly he will not spend money on the club,i remember when i was on the doors the fat t.at would love to loss at the cassinos and clubs ,and give taxi drivers big tips ,he does not give a feck about the club sooner he sells it the better

Max, you insist on this myth of Ashley spending 50-80 million to get Newcastle out of the Championship, when it's a well documented fact he spent NOTHING ! In fact the accounts show he made a PROFIT  of 30 million on buying and selling players.

For 2017/18 they sold players for £17.46 million, and bought players for £39.87, so a total spend of £22.41 million. Not £50 million.

Edited by Brigzy

2016/17, the Championship season, Newcastle, as I've just told you, had a £30  PROFIT on player transfers. 

2017/18, back in the Premier, as I also told you, Newcastle had a net spend on player transfers of £22.41 million.

No matter how you try to twist it, in the last two seasons, Newcastle have spent NOTHING on players, and have actually made a profit.

I assume you are using the term " Manuel" as an insult to Benitez ? 

Benitez didn't spend a penny to try and avoid relegation, for the simple fact he wasn't manager during those two transfer windows ! 

I would have thought you might have known that.

You said Ashley spent 50-80 million to get Newcastle out of the Championship, and another 50 million this season to keep them in the Premier, I simply pointed out that you were wrong and gave you the correct figures, if you don't believe me, the facts are easily checked.

Your team is in free fall down the divisions, but you are obsessed by Newcastle, a team from a different city and division......very strange.

I would be more concerned with my own club not spending and having back to back relegations and how much die hard gravy was being lost  than how much was being spent down the road sound investment how ever much they spent  there in the prem another season  just saying max  

Edited by blackmaggie