Si Brown carbon fibre silencers

32 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Just got off the phone to si ordered a one the same length and width as a marksman but with the silver ends

and im going to have another made the same as i have but with the silver ends

they do look smart mind on your rifles Jon .

may even take the tx off sale and get him to make a brass end one

to match the brass bling on her lol

there is more to come Jon a lot more

and Mitch iv been saying that he needs to stop laying bricks and start this

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR

HE WILL OWN A BENTLEY OR A LAMBO LOL

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Don’t hold your breath... I’m destined to die in a shity footing full of water ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villaman said:

So how much are you charging for these Si ?

Not a clue Mitch... I’ve tuned/ fettled all sorts of stuff and never charged a penny!

if I do anything for the shop I get to grab a handful of pellets or other bits n bats!

nice work on the 100+ crow yesterday?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Just got off the phone to si ordered a one the same length and width as a marksman but with the silver ends

and im going to have another made the same as i have but with the silver ends

they do look smart mind on your rifles Jon .

may even take the tx off sale and get him to make a brass end one

to match the brass bling on her lol

there is more to come Jon a lot more

and Mitch iv been saying that he needs to stop laying bricks and start this

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR

HE WILL OWN A BENTLEY OR A LAMBO LOL

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Don’t go jumping the que ! My order was in before yours ya twat !!

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, si brown said:

Don’t hold your breath... I’m destined to die in a shity footing full of water ?

I’ve come over to Portugal to get away from the crap weather, it’s been pi55 poor here today ! Just my luck mate , your doing well mate, proper nice job on them silencers

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, si brown said:

Not a clue Mitch... I’ve tuned/ fettled all sorts of stuff and never charged a penny!

if I do anything for the shop I get to grab a handful of pellets or other bits n bats!

nice work on the 100+ crow yesterday?

Put a write up on BBS mate :whistling: :laugh: :thumbs:

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, vizlauk said:

I’ve come over to Portugal to get away from the crap weather, it’s been pi55 poor here today ! Just my luck mate , your doing well mate, proper nice job on them silencers

We got 4 hours of sunshine,

then it got foggy and pi55ed down later on!!?

at least there are loads of bars where you are??

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Put a write up on BBS mate :whistling: :laugh: :thumbs:

I must admit i thought about it , it would get the 35 yard lads something to rave on about , as it is my face does not fit on that forum , 

A bit like here :laugh:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, villaman said:

I must admit i thought about it , it would get the 35 yard lads something to rave on about , as it is my face does not fit on that forum , 

A bit like here :laugh:

I think everyone's face fits on THL mate :yes: :thumbs:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:51, walshie said:

If I could ask a technical question here. Obviously all the manufacturers know what they are doing, but why is the exit hole so big in relation to the calibre? 7, 8 and 9mm for a 4.5mm pellet seems to be very large - in the biggest case twice the size of the pellet.

For instance, on a powder burner, a 7.5mm hole is used for a 6mm projectile. An 8.5mm hole is used for .30cal (7.62mm). Obviously all makes are slightly different ,but this is about the norm.

Or is it something to do with air pressure in an airgun?

Historically it was simply to cover various calibres with one moderator, to allow for poor engineering work threading barrels and dodgy crowns and poor pellets!

I see no reason today why they should not be more calibre specific, except money of course!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, got to remember that people might have a .25 airgun so they make sure the mods are suitable. Thats often the downfall on the BSA VC moderator.

One thing to bear in mind Si... when I spoke to my FEO with regards to the repairs on airguns, they are happy for me to NOT have an RFD to facilitate that, in fact they said they would not give me an RFD simply for repairs at the time, however, if I started to manufacture parts that fall under the categorys covered under the VCR act, then I must be a RFD. This includes, all barrel machining to fit a rifle, all moderators and any other pressure bearing parts. 

So my days of making mods and shrouds are well over until I get the RFD in place and then, I still wont be able to sell them through the post....?

Anyone doing so can be in trouble without even knowing... thats possibly why the lads selling the shrouds on ebay, sell them in kit form or as a second hand unit which is one way of getting around it I suppose.?

I've been making mods for well over 5 years but to be honest, in the presence of a decent sound meter, the good old HW mod still takes some beating.

All these fancy £100 odd mods only actually shave off 2 or 3db off the HW mod on the guns I've tested. The one that did work best was the Marksman and thats probably due to the internal volume.

It's not all about the noise reduction though, some people like the bling and a degree of uniqueness over everything else.

I tended to make the holes in my mods to suit the rifles cal. anything larger than 1.5mm over bore size is too much really

5.5 to 5.7 for .177

6.0 to 6.3 for .20

6.5 to 6.8 for .22

7.5 to 7.8 for .25 etc.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Premier Pistol said:

Yeah, got to remember that people might have a .25 airgun so they make sure the mods are suitable. Thats often the downfall on the BSA VC moderator.

One thing to bear in mind Si... when I spoke to my FEO with regards to the repairs on airguns, they are happy for me to NOT have an RFD to facilitate that, in fact they said they would not give me an RFD simply for repairs at the time, however, if I started to manufacture parts that fall under the categorys covered under the VCR act, then I must be a RFD. This includes, all barrel machining to fit a rifle, all moderators and any other pressure bearing parts. 

So my days of making mods and shrouds are well over until I get the RFD in place and then, I still wont be able to sell them through the post....?

Anyone doing so can be in trouble without even knowing... thats possibly why the lads selling the shrouds on ebay, sell them in kit form or as a second hand unit which is one way of getting around it I suppose.?

I've been making mods for well over 5 years but to be honest, in the presence of a decent sound meter, the good old HW mod still takes some beating.

All these fancy £100 odd mods only actually shave off 2 or 3db off the HW mod on the guns I've tested. The one that did work best was the Marksman and thats probably due to the internal volume.

It's not all about the noise reduction though, some people like the bling and a degree of uniqueness over everything else.

I tended to make the holes in my mods to suit the rifles cal. anything larger than 1.5mm over bore size is too much really

5.5 to 5.7 for .177

6.0 to 6.3 for .20

6.5 to 6.8 for .22

7.5 to 7.8 for .25 etc.

Cheers pp... I’ve been looking into what the rules and regs are regarding making parts!

your spot on with the hw mods, there pretty much the bench mark to be tested against!

ive not actually sold anything I’ve just given them to mates, it’s just a hobby really tuning rifles and making stuff!

im a bricklayer and get rained off loads so this fills the void?

Thanks for the heads up. 

Cheers si 

• Like 2