On 12/04/2018 at 18:32, sussex said:

Best blocks are maple ..

Or if you know a tree surgeon get them to save you a lump of sycamore .It was commonly used as butcher's blocks as it can be a b*gger to split when seasoned.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah yes, i was thinking the vertical grille wasn't quite M.F but couldn't think quite what it was. I have a 1953 MF TEF 20 i re-built the body work on from old stainless steel sinks and washing ma

Yes pine is soft but......for a couple of carcasses a year they would probably do fine as a a handy chopping block. You could laminate them in oak flooring boards if you wanted a harder wearing surfac

In fact nothing original of the bodywork left, it's all been bodged from bits and bat's ? 

Posted Images

On 16/04/2018 at 11:36, socks said:

If world war three ever happens and civilisation has to start from scratch I'm going to live next door to griff ... his family could build a town from scratch I reckon ... bloody talented family fair play ......

I reckon if you gave Griff a jam jar and a piece of string he could make a nuclear reactor  

• Like 1

Hi guys.  Somehow I know you know I've been a bit quiet. My best friend, brother Ian died suddenly of some so of heart problem. As regards this thread, I have been tasked with sorting out his belongings which is a major headache. Ian lived near Melrose in the Scottish Borders and was a well known plasterer, rough caster, tiler, just the kind of guy you'd want to know. I started on all his building belongings and soon realised that things were bigger then I thought. 3 Lorry loads of scaffolding, three skips so scrap metal, three skips of general throw away and still not sorted out vehicles and personal registrations. When I read the comments, particularly from Griff, I realise the value of 'stuff' that we collect and wonder where and when they might come in handy! I've a Landrover, Defender, a beautiful multi purpose mini digger, oh the list is endless and I'm getting maudlin. Good night guys. Crying again. Jok.

• Like 1