Which weihrauch?

Was wondering about other people's opinion on which weihrauch model I should consider buying. I was considering either the

.hw80k

.hw77 (with the older style stock)

.hw95k

.if possible, a hw35e

I'm wanting something that is easier to carry around on a regular basis than the AA Pro sport. feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the subject

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got to confess the stocks do look boring... this is a new 97 I stripped the stock and darkened it up! and me 95  easy to do

Indeed mate, just a new gun itch?

Hello, no point getting a 77 if you already have a Pro Sport.  You really need to handle the Hw80 and the Hw95.  I reckon you would be heading towards a 95. The Hw80 is more for FAC power an

Posted Images

The 80k and 35e are more or less identical weightwise.  The 77 is a little heavier, not by much though. The 95k is about a pound lighter.  I was in a similar situation to you a while ago, and had my mind set on a lightweight springer.  But after having a few tries of various models, went and bought a HW97KT in .20 cal.  Yep, heavier than all the hw's you mention,  but when on aim is far easier to keep it there, steady as a rock.

Looked at 99s and 95k, and they were far too light.  Much easier to keep a heavier rifle on target, and fitting a sling will only aid you anyway, if you plan on wandering.  Hope that helps a little :thumbs:

42 minutes ago, shaaark said:

The 80k and 35e are more or less identical weightwise.  The 77 is a little heavier, not by much though. The 95k is about a pound lighter.  I was in a similar situation to you a while ago, and had my mind set on a lightweight springer.  But after having a few tries of various models, went and bought a HW97KT in .20 cal.  Yep, heavier than all the hw's you mention,  but when on aim is far easier to keep it there, steady as a rock.

Looked at 99s and 95k, and they were far too light.  Much easier to keep a heavier rifle on target, and fitting a sling will only aid you anyway, if you plan on wandering.  Hope that helps a little :thumbs:

Cheers mate, much appreciated?. I know the 77 is the heavier of the lot so wouldn't be solving my problem haha. I'd only go with a 35 if it was the walnut stock E version so it's between the 80k and 95k. Looking at specs on them 2 they seem to be of the same weight is that not so??

Just now, hedge wanderer said:

Cheers mate, much appreciated?. I know the 77 is the heavier of the lot so wouldn't be solving my problem haha. I'd only go with a 35 if it was the walnut stock E version so it's between the 80k and 95k. Looking at specs on them 2 they seem to be of the same weight is that not so??

Yeah almost identical.  You mean the full length 77? That's 4.1 kilos, the 77k is 4.  I did alot of reading the specs etc before I went and had a look for real.  Those weights can be a little different when actually in your hands.  The length of your arms, bodyweight/proportions etc make a fair bit of difference.  I'd definitely shoulder, and if you can, shoot as many of the ones on your list as possible before you buy.  Before I bought my 97, in my mind there was no way I was going to buy an air rifle that weight, but after shouldering it, that was the one for me, fitted me like a glove and perfect balance for me. :thumbs:

18 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah almost identical.  You mean the full length 77? That's 4.1 kilos, the 77k is 4.  I did alot of reading the specs etc before I went and had a look for real.  Those weights can be a little different when actually in your hands.  The length of your arms, bodyweight/proportions etc make a fair bit of difference.  I'd definitely shoulder, and if you can, shoot as many of the ones on your list as possible before you buy.  Before I bought my 97, in my mind there was no way I was going to buy an air rifle that weight, but after shouldering it, that was the one for me, fitted me like a glove and perfect balance for me. :thumbs:

Ah cheers mate. I held a unscoped hw80k and it didn't seem too heavy. Out of all the weihrauchs I think it's either the 80k or 95k. So are them 2 pretty much identical in weight? Was also thinking of going with 177 for this one but I'm not a 100% sure as I'm normally a 22 guy

Only going by my own findings here mate, but the 95k seemed a fair bit lighter than the 80k to me.  I think there's about half a pound difference. I went for the .20 cal as I've never had one, my pcp was .177 anyway, and I felt like something different. Both sold now, due to an old injury flaring back up, which is taking a while longer to heal than originally thought lol. 

Good luck with your choices mate

Hw 97k sporter 177 or 22

as shaaak has say,d fit a sling and you wont know its on your shoulder :whistling:

or the hw35 ether will do the job and both top class rifles

If you can,,,,hold off until you get to the range with me and viz and you can have a good shoot

with the blue laminate 97ks 177 and it has a sling fitted

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

52 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Hw 97k sporter 177 or 22

as shaaak has say,d fit a sling and you wont know its on your shoulder :whistling:

or the hw35 ether will do the job and both top class rifles

If you can,,,,hold off until you get to the range with me and viz and you can have a good shoot

with the blue laminate 97ks 177 and it has a sling fitted

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Very kind of you mate? don’t want something too light but want something around the weight of the 80/95k but if I could look into getting the older hw77 if I was to definitely put a sling on it. Scared to put a sling on the pro sport. Don’t fancy drilling into the stock haha. I’m liking the checkering on the 95k tbh

19 minutes ago, PeskyWabbits said:

Hello, no point getting a 77 if you already have a Pro Sport. 

You really need to handle the Hw80 and the Hw95. 

I reckon you would be heading towards a 95. The Hw80 is more for FAC power and the bulk starts to get to you as the day goes by.

Was my original thought about the 77 tbh mate. I've heard that from other shooters. They recon the 80k feels like too much gun for sub12 ft/lbs. I'm definitely moving towards the 95k with the slightly older stock

Buy a shooting stick and fit a sling :yes:

....... If you go careful and double check, you'll get the rear stud bang on. Put an indent in the stock with the tip of a nail first, then make the first hole with a small pilot bit. Mark the depth on the drill bits with tape and, drill a pilot hole first.

You already have a rifle that's better than any HW :thumbs:

3 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Buy a shooting stick and fit a sling :yes:

....... If you go careful and double check, you'll get the rear stud bang on. Put an indent in the stock with the tip of a nail first, then make the first hole with a small pilot bit. Mark the depth on the drill bits with tape and, drill a pilot hole first.

You already have a rifle that's better than any HW :thumbs:

I just find the pro sport unnecessarily heavy. Even with a sling I feel it'd be a lump to carry about?

Just like the idea of trying something different

Just now, hedge wanderer said:

I just find the pro sport unnecessarily heavy. Even with a sling I feel it'd be a lump to carry about?

Just like the idea of trying something different

ive had prosports/tx,s and the only springers I own now are hw's.... the 95 is a mint springer!

I see you mentioned the earlier models/mark1 but they have a barrel weight where the newer ones are threaded for a mod. 

id go for then newer lux one, there a pice of pi55 to work on and short of a bit of spring attention great out of the box:thumbs:

• Like 1

I just prefer the 95 with the stock from only a few years ago. Since around 2015/16 they've changed the stocks on most of their models such as the 95,99 and 77 and find they have no grain pattern and don't even look like wood like the walthur air guns. Absolutely cannot stand the look of the new 77 stock. It's awful?

The top one is the stock design kicking about now

And the bottom one is the one with the older style stock from 2015ish with imo the nicer checkering and without that awful ambidextrous cheek piece

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3013.JPG

Edited by hedge wanderer