17 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Hope these aircraft carriers and destroyers are as unsinkable as people claim. The same statement was made about the titanic. Even god couldn't sink it. That didn't work out well.

Bellends ???

Anything on or in the water is sinkable..........by virtue of the fact that it's on or in the water.

And, in fairness, Titanic wasn't a battleship............when the good lady's brother moved to NI, he was in a taxi, and they drove past Harland and Wolfe. The driver said to him "That's where the Titanic was built, you know." 

He (jokingly) said " I wouldn't brag about it, though !"

With a totally straight face, the driver says "It was fine when it left here !"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Socks will save us 

Be no nuclear war. I even doubt western cities would even be bombed. Possibly ships .troops planes  Imo the war against the general public would be of disruption hacking cyber war I think th

You're all so paranoid! I'm just at home living my life as normal. Nothing will happen.        

Posted Images

Just now, Blackbriar said:

Anything on or in the water is sinkable..........by virtue of the fact that it's on or in the water.

And, in fairness, Titanic wasn't a battleship............when the good lady's brother moved, to NI, he was in a taxi, and they drove past Harland and Wolfe. The driver said to him "That's where the Titanic was built, you know." 

He (jokingly) said " I wouldn't brag about it, though !"

With a totally straight face, the driver says "It was fine when it left here !"

??? granted Titanic wasn't a battleship but if the most technically advanced navy in the world can't tell that it's a lighthouse they are speaking too then fcuk knows what's possible. It was funny though when he finally tucked the tail between his legs.?

8 hours ago, jiggy said:

??? granted Titanic wasn't a battleship but if the most technically advanced navy in the world can't tell that it's a lighthouse they are speaking too then fcuk knows what's possible. It was funny though when he finally tucked the tail between his legs.?

It's fake mate. It's just a joke that is found in various forms with no historical account.

These warships aren't unsinkable. They're just very good.

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It's fake mate. It's just a joke that is found in various forms with no historical account.

That one's been doing the rounds for a couple of decades... It is funny though!

31 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Maybe so but entertaining. Then again when they fcuk up they don't write it in the report. A lot of stuff goes on in wartimes that doesn't have an historical account. Half the time all these sophisticated missiles end up stuck in the wrong building or target. Oops we just wiped out another village. In the last several conflicts they  have killed more of their own troops from monumental fcukups than any of there enemies could muster.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You said that the majority of deaths were from friendly fire blue in blue etc and then justify it with a health and safety link.....

two totally different things 

I never said friendly fire only what I meant was human error (fcuk ups) when you include everything across the board like helicopter crashes etc etc it adds up to more deaths than the enemy inflict as sophisticated as their technology is. I'm not anti American or British by any means and I don't support Russia either but I would be of the opinion that they all are lying through their teeth to suit their own agendas and I wouldn't 100% believe any of their investigations. When the shit kicks off between the big boys it always ends up with the little guys taking the hit. Syria was one of the nicest places in the world and now since the saviours came in Russia, USA, Britain ,France whom ever it is now one of the biggest shit holes on earth. Some liberation that is and it happens time and time again. Sometimes if there is tension between different factions in these places maybe it's best to stay out of it instead of turning it into a wasteland every time or maybe that's the plan. Again when there is nothing to gain they turn a blind eye to atrocity.

Nah your not getting off that easy mate

you meant that more servicemen are killed by friendly action than enemy threat. 

You made no mention of rtas, heli downs or other accidents in your post. 

You insinuated that more people are killed by friends and off centred missile  strikes than in contact scenarios. 

Dont try to bolster the stats now by  including accidents. 

I’ve seen and witnessed the avoidable deaths of people on tour outwith conflict in accidents and general mongery. That’s sadly part of deployment 

Another stat can be levelled is that brigades suffer less deaths through accidents when on deployment than they do in the uk via training and road accidents. 

Via law of averages people will be killed through accidents in any mass formation , you have to remember that camp bastion is basically a small city  , there will always be a proportion of avoidable deaths 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nah your not getting off that easy mate

you meant that more servicemen are killed by friendly action than enemy threat. 

You made no mention of rtas, heli downs or other accidents in your post. 

You insinuated that more people are killed by friends and off centred missile  strikes than in contact scenarios. 

Dont try to bolster the stats now by  including accidents. 

I’ve seen and witnessed the avoidable deaths of people on tour outwith conflict in accidents and general mongery. That’s sadly part of deployment 

Another stat can be levelled is that brigades suffer less deaths through accidents when on deployment than they do in the uk via training and road accidents. 

Via law of averages people will be killed through accidents in any mass formation , you have to remember that camp bastion is basically a small city  , there will always be a proportion of avoidable deaths 

Most of the british soldiers and American soldiers die from ptsd for going to a place of no concern to them for  little money when the real folr there fighting for like lock head martin sit back and make billions..and no disrespect but any fool falls for that elistist agenda get nae thought from me.

53 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Most of the british soldiers and American soldiers die from ptsd for going to a place of no concern to them for  little money when the real folr there fighting for like lock head martin sit back and make billions..and no disrespect but any fool falls for that elistist agenda get nae thought from me.

Firstly, most of the Allied soldiers who died did so because they were shot or stepped on ordinance.............and secondly, not a single soldier fights for Lockheed Martin.

Oh, and thirdly, you talk shite, for disrespecting braver men than you !