2 minutes ago, Gav said:

These so called world leaders, deciding to retaliate against a country killing its own people, with missile strikes to kill more civilians, is it just me that can't see the sense in it all. I'm thinking there's a lot more too it that they're not letting on? 

IMO there is a very big and not often spoken of aspect of power projection going on here. The Obama years was a period of the US backing down on the world stage, engaging more in diplomacy and less in hard power. The UK did the same. France on the other hand surprisingly waded right into Mali! France aside, after drawn out conflicts from the Bush/Blair years the West has stepped down a bit and at the same time the Eastern powers have stepped up, showing a desire to operate out of their back yards and challenge the balance of power globally. This has happened again and again through history, empires jostle and clash.

Stuff like Syria imo is the US and to a lesser extent the US/UK/France allies reasserting themselves on the global stage to deter rising powers in the East from challenging them over geopolitical issues. Basically "We ain't afraid to get involved with anything we have an interest in, be warned!".

And as much as folks will say "it ain't our business" history shows us the more the big players back off, the more those waiting and emerging will take advantage. For countries that want to trade globally, their/our geopolitical interests need to be backed with hard power. Does that make the policy on Syria right? I'm not judging that here just what I consider a bit of an overlooked element....

• Like 5

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Socks will save us 

Be no nuclear war. I even doubt western cities would even be bombed. Possibly ships .troops planes  Imo the war against the general public would be of disruption hacking cyber war I think th

You're all so paranoid! I'm just at home living my life as normal. Nothing will happen.        

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dave88 said:

They just say stuff like that or the French get a strop on..........

Its easy really, who would you want defending you.....a division of the British army or a division of the French army?

No brainer ! 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, scothunter said:

Im surrounded by mountains i think they will take the brunt of the blast. I can keep myself busy by interning all the poles and the rest from the eastern bloc who have infiltrated the Highlands ?

All around yours then.

E.t.a 10hrs

3 hours ago, WILF said:

They just say stuff like that or the French get a strop on..........

Its easy really, who would you want defending you.....a division of the British army or a division of the French army?

No brainer ! 

I'd take the whole of a mardi gras contingent over the garlic munchers anyday ?

Lol no harm to anyone but yous do make me laugh..british army haha..all this chat about the british and french ffs why do yous think yous need allies your army is only good for going in and terrorising innocent civilians and wrecking the place..as we speak putin has that toff twat johnson in a latex gimp suit bent over the table with a fox tail between johnsons teeth..and johnson loving it of course because he like 90 percent of all your male mps is a queer.. trump is a fooking child..sending out threats he cant keep while putin being the man he is just laughs says try it and leaves it at that... the bullshit lie factory of a media keeping this circus going and you have folk like this eejit scothunter who has probably never left his village in scotland giving out running commentary as he knows what the fcuk hes talking about...

9 hours ago, Gav said:

According to this I'm probably OK stuck on this rock we live ? so long as its a westerly wind ? 

nuclear-house-hunting.jpg

It's either skeggy or die for me .....nice knowing you all 

• Like 1