American Bulldog mauls owner

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an ACD that we rescued about 18 months ago. We reckon he's somewhere between 5-8 but can't be sure. Abuse case, had the shit kicked out of him. No teeth in half of his top jaw because of the ki

If a proper manwork dog gets hold of you you're not smashing it's head against anything.What you're doing is going into shock very quickly.

There is an old established law on THL that states , In the event of a conflict thread going past 4 pages the odds of a honeybadger being mentioned increases by 10% with every post .

Posted Images

7 hours ago, 17hornet said:

I hate hearing of any dog savaging/mauling.

Sadly I think some are caused by what had happened to a friend of mine.

I have not read all the posts about this one so I will just speak of his experience.

John had purchased an ESS from a reputable breeder, as the Dog grew up it was fine and about 2 years down the line it started to do strange acts of aggression, this dog was well trained and resided in his Gunshop daily, but gradually getting worse, it won field trials too.

He approached the breeder that explained occasionally the pup's may be oxygen starved at birth and can suffer brain damage that later shows up as this agressive effect as it develops into maturity. If further training didnt help then it would determine what he needed to do as it may not be safe to have around anyone.

The breeder immediately offered to take the dog back and replace it with one from a new litter at no costs, including all medical and vaxes up until the same age.

John kept the dog and tried everything until he had to put the dog down, sadly.

This was the dog that got me into ESS's, we bought 2x from the same breeder seperated by 9 months, they were half sisters.

The breeder had held true to her promise, she replaced the dog for John, took care of transport and medicals up to the same age - unbelievable but true. She had many a loyal customer, including us.

Our bitches were just wonderful and unfortunately not with us anymore, age catches up with them too.

Nice to hear of an honest reputable breeder & fair play to her for doing the right thing. Atb

• Like 1

Think theres a big difference in a dog regularly trained to a womens overwieght bulldog getting hold of her. In the womens situation i quite fancy me chances but a real tasty dog coming at ya looking to do harm i don think theres many be doing anything else other than squeling and trying not to move too much lol.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, C.green said:

Think theres a big difference in a dog regularly trained to a womens overwieght bulldog getting hold of her. In the womens situation i quite fancy me chances but a real tasty dog coming at ya looking to do harm i don think theres many be doing anything else other than squeling and trying not to move too much lol.

true , went to view some staffs pups  back in the 70s , these were more like pits of today , this was in wolves , leggy  strong type. bloke loosed us  in to to see the pups with dam there , she was ok with him there , he went  to make a cuppa , a bloke next door went down his garden , fook me  she went  to the back door, good job it was closed ,  anybody  came through the door she would have  had them, and she only  45 odd lb bitch  , wouldn't fancy me chances  with  her , be bloody handful  deff :yes:

• Like 2