Partnerships..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, that prediction was bollocks wasn’t it ! Lol ? 

Never heard of him ,but I can guess who he played for 

Wayne Rooney and RVN In their prime for me  rooney is And was in my opinion the only truly world class English  Striker for a long long time, could play on the hoof , in the hole , as a target ma

Posted Images

If that’s the peter Reid season , I watched that . 

Winder why they keep approaching Sunderland for these things ? 

And being accepted in the first place? 

I mean , would you see a reality show based on Man Utd ? 

I know Liverpool did one under Brendan Rogers first season but that was very much aimed at the yank market with Fenway etc 

Max do you think you can keep theses if you go down and if clubs at a higher level come looking surely they will go  and do you think you can get mick McCarthy plus a tv documentary about North East working class surely they would follow the likes of hartlepool Carlisle Darlington who never have any hope of reaching  the prem but have a truly hard-core loyal fan base 

• Like 1

League one is full of young teams full of fire mate asvthats all they have at that level mate 

you need to sort that defence out mate as league one is no tikka football , more howitzers unto the box and if you have a weak backline your going to concede 

• Like 1

If under 23s we’re good enough max , they’d be playing already mate !! 

Edited to add that you have conceded 76 goals this season mate , that’s the second worst shipped in total in English professional football this season. 

Thats unbelievable imho for a side who only last year were a n the prem league . 

From what I’ve read , the keepers seem to be getting the lions share of the blame but in reality that stretches right through the spine off he team. 

• Like 1

Max who keeps buying all theses players you say aren't good enough the managers or do you have a director of football because every season you put up a big list of who's not good enough most teams have a few but you're is near double figures not a dig by the way maybe loaning a keeper say from the prem maybe a older one  who can organize your back line and a couple of  older heads  in centre of defence  mixed with your kids and a couple leaders out on the pitch to help all these youngsters out it's working for wigan  and rovers and with your facitiies stadium training ground etc your at a advantage compared to most there in league 1 

Edited by blackmaggie

I will be honest max theses  lower leagues grounds were the fans were tight to the pitch and tightly enclosed produced a more intimidating atmosphere than your Sunderland in big grounds and they are still about tight knit were everyone knows everyone can't say the same about theses big fan bases 

Edited by blackmaggie
On 11/04/2018 at 18:17, Welsh_red said:

Cantona may have been overrated. He was my hero as s kid so I can't help but look at him thru rose tinted specs.  I just loved the attitude on him and his sheer Gaul to try things.  

Against piss poor opposition , I  love arguing this point with people over cantona, but show me one thing he did against any  quality opposition in Europe or anything at all on the international stage? 

If i remember rightly , I don’t like to check these things , I try to use memeory he was premier league player of the year when he played against Barcelona and he was made to look like a hammer thrower by the likes of stoichkov and hagi . 

Ive moved this as he doesn’t belong in the same sentence as the two previously mentioned players