Winchester sub's .22

Always liked the old Winchester 40gr subsonic but they were hard to get hold of so used Magtech for years. Got a few boxes of the new Winchester 42gr subsonic a few weeks ago and they are all over the place through my CZ. Guy sitting next to me at the range tried 10 and had the same crap grouping. Just picked up a box each of cci, S&B and Eley to try so hopefully one will group well.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWS are worth a try, I find the accurate and consistent. A little slower than some, but also quieter than most subs.

Iv'e been using Winnie subs for 12 years and never had a problem.

I’m on s&b’s atm, not bad, but not the best for me. Got about 25 left then I’m off to get some more rws I reckon.

6 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

Can't stand the smell of Eleys. To me they stink when fired, don't know if it's the waxy coating or what.

Think it's their primer mate. I quite like it, which means it stinks and probably gives you cancer!

Just now, Underdog said:

Think it's their primer mate. I quite like it, which means it stinks and probably gives you cancer!

I just found it really off putting. Also, didn't think they were any better or worse than  Winchester 40g's so I stick with them.

• Like 1