opinions please

fred90

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never had to as yet Fred but I’ve come damn close on a few occasions , as I’ve got older I need to get the old adrenaline running ( just to keep me alive ?) and I find I’m going places I’d never have

We all Love to get back to a net bouncing with a few rabbits but the satisfaction of running a net out without a hitch and with a nice breeze in your face comes a very close second for me.

The last net I run out caught one buck rabbit, I took him out and rightly or wrongly let him go free. I hadn’t seen that many rabbits on that field for a few month but the night was perfect for that d

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I look on peg to peg as a revised edition of wymans book with better pics ?

something i don't get bear in mind i have never pegged solo.he states make a habit of always having net in right hand & peg with let hand. what happens when its a right to left drop surely you have to do it other way. 

Edited by fred90
made a mistake
  • Like 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

What’s name if wyemans? Book yous are talkin about? Worth a rezd?

art of longnetting. its a lot of years since i read it but thought it good at the time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’ll order a copy mate cheers, must admit I loved peg to peg an now my 11 year old loves it, but I spent a fair bit time talking to the man that wrote it in this site in the chat room a few years ago now an he was a very knowledgable fella who was always very helpfull to folk?

look on Amazon mate you well get next to nothing & a bit of postage

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

something i don't get bear in mind i have never pegged solo.he states make a habit of always having net in right hand & peg with let hand. what happens when its a right to left drop surely you have to do it other way. 

If you are walking left to right hold the net/hank/pin in your right hand and peg with your left and vice verca.

1 minute ago, Mr Wilkes said:

If you are walking left to right hold the net/hank/pin in your right hand and peg with your left and vice verca.

thats what i thought but he makes a point of saying get used to holding it same way .as he says get into habit of holding pin in right hand. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

There was talk of a revamped updated peg to peg with much more info tips ect but I lost contact with Martin so not too sure if he went ahead with it. 

what happened to him on this site did he leave for a reason or is he still on?