Foxes hit hard??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another from yesterday. seem to be hanging on to there winter coat longer this year  

The digging/lamping   seasons just starting for some folks.... Sad but true.... What ever happened to giving stuff a few months peace? Guns, roads, young doglads and the weather will have a massive im

there are a few around me. this fox apears this time of year. third year running.

Posted Images

On 4/8/2018 at 19:20, Rabid said:

That's the biggest load of bollox yet, you try walking out to your pens in the morning and seeing 63 dead birds cos a fox got in and took one or two, but killed the whole pen and left them lying there.

ive always said, if a fox got in, killed one or two and ate them because it was hungry, that's just part of the food chain and I would live with it, but they simply don't, they kill for fun and will wipe them out, so I feel the same about foxes

Maybe they  kill as many as they can like a cat does, it Save's time and energy running around trying to kill more when they come back the next night.

1 minute ago, Blackdog92 said:

There’s no shortage of them here, I’ve been loosing a lamb to them every other night. Unfortunately I’m not aloud to control them as we have a gamekeeper, who is friging useless!

We are the same, over run with them!I got a new bit of permission today, massive farm, about 5 mins away from the house! was up speeking to him, just an old fella set in his ways, anyway he pointed me in the direction of 2 earths he knew had fox cubs and a 3rd he thought there was cubs, then the other farm uo the road has a litter on it, , in a few mile radius, thankfully there’s  not a firearm near it! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Blackdog92 said:

There’s no shortage of them here, I’ve been loosing a lamb to them every other night. Unfortunately I’m not aloud to control them as we have a gamekeeper, who is friging useless!

Put stockholm tar on lambs fox shouldn't bother them then.

Some of us do need to keep on top of them even this time of year, they can do a lot of damage to a keepers/farmers lively hood, fair enough keeping them for sport where they don’t do too much damage, but unfortunately we can’t all say that when thery are on farms with lambs and sporting estates. Dug a litter weekend past up in Scotland about 10 days old couple with eyes open couple still shut.