Foxes hit hard??

7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I hate every Cnut that ain’t using dogs for fox control. They can all get fcuked. Oh and the dog lads that don’t give them a season they can get fcuked too. Lol. Just being honest.

I know your tongue is wedged in your cheek mate . But if I relied on the hunt my terriers and Lurcher’s to control foxes , I would be out of a job . 

• Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another from yesterday. seem to be hanging on to there winter coat longer this year  

The digging/lamping   seasons just starting for some folks.... Sad but true.... What ever happened to giving stuff a few months peace? Guns, roads, young doglads and the weather will have a massive im

there are a few around me. this fox apears this time of year. third year running.

Posted Images

One thing I hate is people who shoot foxes this time of year who then shoot a milky vixen and don’t bother to deal with the cubs . I’ve had to shoot problem foxes this time of year on a mates free range poultry farm . And a hungry litter of cubs can soon do a lot of damage . I hate doing it but if I said no , he would ask someone else . But I make sure I spend time looking for the cubs . 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I hate every Cnut that ain’t using dogs for fox control. They can all get fcuked. Oh and the dog lads that don’t give them a season they can get fcuked too. Lol. Just being honest.

Theres a lot of places in this country over run by foxes theres gun packs putting 25 and 30 foxes away in one day its simply not possible to control foxes with dogs alone plus a lot of farmers just wont allow dogs on land the rifle men hammered the foxes around me all winter theres still plenty about,its all well and done coming out to the country side for a days sport but when you live with them and see the havoc they cause you'll trow every thing in the book at them and as for a season for them any time you see them is a good time to cull.

4 minutes ago, Hatch28 said:

Theres a lot of places in this country over run by foxes theres gun packs putting 25 and 30 foxes away in one day its simply not possible to control foxes with dogs alone plus a lot of farmers just wont allow dogs on land the rifle men hammered the foxes around me all winter theres still plenty about,its all well and done coming out to the country side for a days sport but when you live with them and see the havoc they cause you'll trow every thing in the book at them and as for a season for them any time you see them is a good time to cull.

When you talk of control, I would say you are only controlling something when you get a population to a size that you can live with . If a gun pack is shooting that number they are out of control. If you have a farmer loosing livestock you have to control them otherwise let them be to do what comes naturally.

1 minute ago, Hatch28 said:

Bollox! there not even that bad! You hear of one or two bad stories but on the whole most the farms we go on the farmers don't mind having them about the place, keepers moan but that's the only thing there good at, if they take a bird or 2 whoop dye do, i love seeing them released after digging them

shooting them is a waste of a animal

up the fox haha

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

When you talk of control, I would say you are only controlling something when you get a population to a size that you can live with . If a gun pack is shooting that number they are out of control. If you have a farmer loosing livestock you have to control them otherwise let them be to do what comes naturally.

Ive seen 5 and 6 foxes been put out of small 2  3 acre covers seen 4 taken of a ditch this season plenty of them about over here more than enough for terriers lurchers guns or snare.

2 minutes ago, Lew said:

Bollox! there not even that bad! You hear of one or two bad stories but on the whole most the farms we go on the farmers don't mind having them about the place, keepers moan but that's the only thing there good at, if they take a bird or 2 whoop dye do, i love seeing them released after digging them

shooting them is a waste of a animal

up the fox haha

They don't just take a bird or two they kill as many as possible.

16 minutes ago, Lew said:

Bollox! there not even that bad

That's the biggest load of bollox yet, you try walking out to your pens in the morning and seeing 63 dead birds cos a fox got in and took one or two, but killed the whole pen and left them lying there.

ive always said, if a fox got in, killed one or two and ate them because it was hungry, that's just part of the food chain and I would live with it, but they simply don't, they kill for fun and will wipe them out, so I feel the same about foxes

5 minutes ago, Rabid said:

That's the biggest load of bollox yet, you try walking out to your pens in the morning and seeing 63 dead birds cos a fox got in and took one or two, but killed the whole pen and left them lying there.

ive always said, if a fox got in, killed one or two and ate them because it was hungry, that's just part of the food chain and I would live with it, but they simply don't, they kill for fun and will wipe them out, so I feel the same about foxes

I know how you feel , I’ve been there and the feeling is sickening. But it’s not the foxes fault, he is confused because it’s an unnatural amount of food . He kills what he can , half buries some , bites the heads off others . Every Keeper I know has walked into that same scene in the morning. Not just in the pen but when they are scared and fly out and are mopped up on the outside . But you can’t take it personally. He’s a wild animal reacting to a glut of food that you created . I am ruthless and persistent in fox control before and after birds are put to wood . I use every weapon at my disposal, Thermal , night vision scope , snares . But not dogs as it’s not sport . That comes later . 

• Like 2

Couple keepers near me drive eny were they want with the thermal gear they must do 40 mile a night some nights an shoot foxes out of ther land rover they don't even have permission on the half the spots they shoot an they brag they shot 14 in a night ... they shoot them off main roads aswell...c**ts they are 

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, ziggy said:

Couple keepers near me drive eny were they want with the thermal gear they must do 40 mile a night some nights an shoot foxes out of ther land rover they don't even have permission on the half the spots they shoot an they brag they shot 14 in a night ... they shoot them off main roads aswell...c**ts they are 

That’s not keepering that’s criminal . They risk getting caught and losing their jobs and probably their homes . I hope they get caught. Muppets!

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Hatch28 said:

Ive seen 5 and 6 foxes been put out of small 2  3 acre covers seen 4 taken of a ditch this season plenty of them about over here more than enough for terriers lurchers guns or snare.

Don’t know what part of the country your in hatch but that doesn’t hold water where I’m at, Fox numbers are well back from what they were 6 or 7 years ago. A few lads put down 4 or 5 hundred birds and then think there within their rights to shoot every fox within a 10 mile radius and usually start in March and finish in September, we have been asked more than once if we could sort a problem fox they can’t get and the answer is always the same... GET FCUKED.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I know how you feel , I’ve been there and the feeling is sickening. But it’s not the foxes fault, he is confused because it’s an unnatural amount of food . He kills what he can , half buries some , bites the heads off others . Every Keeper I know has walked into that same scene in the morning. Not just in the pen but when they are scared and fly out and are mopped up on the outside . But you can’t take it personally. He’s a wild animal reacting to a glut of food that you created . I am ruthless and persistent in fox control before and after birds are put to wood . I use every weapon at my disposal, Thermal , night vision scope , snares . But not dogs as it’s not sport . That comes later . 

It really is sickening been greeted by that sight, I know plenty who have had it happen as well.

I know the reason behind it, I don't take it personally, but I am aware enough it's natural behaviour when a fox gets in to be like that, so my stance is, make it as difficult as I can for them to get in, and keep their numbers down.

like you I am also ruthless on fox control, I use thermal, night vision, camera traps, rifles, fox traps, but I don't personally use dogs, I need to do this, I have birds on my place all yr round, it's the farms main income.

I am between a rock and a hard place really, I have nature reserves on two opposite sides, the foxes live there without any persecution all yr round, they travel through my place every evening.

I also have a town on the third side, and have noticed a rise in urban foxes coming in, although I have no earths on my place, it's not unusual to see plenty out at night, leaning on one gate at night I counted 12 foxes in my fields with the thermal last yr, like I originally said, no shortage of them here

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hatch28 said:

Shame they dont drop to ground though ?

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Don’t know what part of the country your in hatch but that doesn’t hold water where I’m at, Fox numbers are well back from what they were 6 or 7 years ago. A few lads put down 4 or 5 hundred birds and then think there within their rights to shoot every fox within a 10 mile radius and usually start in March and finish in September, we have been asked more than once if we could sort a problem fox they can’t get and the answer is always the same... GET FCUKED.

I'm in the midlands I don't think the fox numbers have ever really changed always been plenty about except for the urban foxes their population is exploding,but 10 mile radius is nothing fox travel further than that in a night when the pheasant men get bored of their hobby fox numbers will replenish in no time at all anyway they wont kill every fox either should be loads for the dogs in that area.