Graeme Souness

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Celtic fan , I should really hate him  however as a midfielder I can’t . in today’s game much would he be worth? If pogba is worth 90 million for having a decent 45 every 10 games,

Just remembered a joke about Phil Neville. The Man U first team noticed that Fergie was clocking off an hour early from training. "f**k it", they said, if it's good enough for him. it's good enou

Legend

Posted Images

as he had heart probs , and OPs , thought he read that somewhere , no doubt about a very good footballer  , but all this hard tackling/crunch tackles , all that is  really, that they lack pace, so they try to slow a man down, with a hard tackle = injury . i seen it with my son from some of his games over the years, he always been fit strong lad, with good pace, but you get a older player or not very fit try to wack into him, to slow him down. at any level  in football   you see it , you never see the world greats = george best, ronaldo  , messi , they  didn't need to   knock the shit out of a man ,  with hard tackling  , to win a ball. i like  player who give 100%  one of the best at tackling  with flare  , and won the ball was the  great Bobby More  .:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Nah Bollocks bird , 

if a seventeen year old in white boots thinks I’m going to stand off him all game to let him mature as a player he can think again as he picks himself up. 

I’m going to take every possible chance to niggle his head everytine he takes the ball blindsided, I’m going to come throw him Like a train 

ps for every Messi, ronaldo or George best, there is a gattuso, a makele or davids who lets them play their game 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nah Bollocks bird , 

if a seventeen year old in white boots thinks I’m going to stand off him all game to let him mature as a player he can think again as he picks himself up. 

I’m going to take every possible chance to niggle his head everytine he takes the ball blindsided, I’m going to come throw him Like a train 

ps for every Messi, ronaldo or George best, there is a gattuso, a makele or davids who lets them play their game 

Nah, I'm not having that.Hard fair tackling is one thing being a dirty/dangerous player is another. I played until my forties and can swear I always played within the rules. Never deliberately hurt anyone. If I was deliberately hurt myself I would take it up with the guy after the game. I  honestly can't understand anybody at at any level deliberately going out to injure an opponent.Low life psychoes imho.

Edited by jukel123
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nah Bollocks bird , 

You start giving younger kids a inch while playing your f****d . I would go through them first chance and see where they were after that . We had a young boy play for us who was very good , he got smashed all the time . He'd get up and carry on . He was very good dealing with the older guys and everybody liked that about him , he'd alsoget stuck in with the best of them 

• Like 1

Nobody is talking about deliberately hurting anyone mate , you misunderstand me . 

I’m saying that I’m a defensive mid player , and my role is to protect the space in front of the back four . 

No one is getting a second touch in that area without getting a challenge or a tug. 

That is football imho. 

If a lad chests down an inswinger and takes another touch I’m afraid he’s getting a shoulder or a step across, regardless of how close I am to the ball. 

Sunday leagues aren’t full of Matt le tissiers and as my old coach is found of saying , 

the gyms there for everyone