Working at height

4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Fixed that for ya! :laugh:

Joking aside. I couldn't do it for love or money. Fair play to those that can but it's a game I wouldn't be willing to play.

Getting top money is a good reason to confront  your fears in life ,,, mind over matter and a  positive m attitude an all that  for a few quid not for the fun of it ?

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Getting top money is a good reason to confront  your fears in life

I do that every week working security in the sh*th*le that is Las Vegas. I'm good without ladders! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, green lurchers said:

wonder what he was thinking on the way down ? 

“I wish I’d gone with me Mum and brother in that container of tomatoes now!” Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
33 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

You should step up now and again Chris 

Running up a flight of stairs wearing body armour is enough stepping up for me. The only time I want to see ladders is when the lift engineer is at the top of the stairs having a smoke. So I can jam them up his arse!

Don't know if its a fear of heights but i was at the dry dock at Rosyth looking down at the sub being refitted  and i had to get away from the edge sharpish 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though..

18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, nonchantaly saying "excuse me, my love" as if he is walking down the high street...the first frames I put up we had ladders and that was it, the older boys went up in the crane chain, 1 foot in a loop and onto the rafter to start fitting purlins...

no cherry pickers, harnesses, safety netting under roofs etc..

thankfully times have changed, f**k thrill seeking at work, all my jobs are scaffolded and netted for roofing, and all erecting out of machines... I'd never live with myself if one of our lads was hurt or killed cause I was saving a few quid on safety..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A friend of mine used to be a cab driver. One day he had to go to Gatwick to meet someone. The only parking space he could find was in on the top floor of one of the multi-storey car parks. On his way to the lifts he looked over the edge and fainted. First he knew that he didn't like heights. :laugh:

48 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How did you get on today WR?

Weirdly enough I was fine on the scaffolding today and on the roof , slating was done from scaffolding which was easier . Did 2 hours this morning before going to dentist and was fine . The test will be on roof ladders in the future but I think if I keep myself occupied and chatting I'll be ok 

Thankfully putting down oak floor for rest of the wee tho 

Edited by Welsh_red

There is a local company, 2 directors from a big industrial build company that went bust.. I done loads of work for old company years ago, they're safety was terrible, they ran every job like a farm job.

well my brother in law was on a job for them and went through a roof light, no nets, harnesses etc... fell nearly 30ft.. and suffered only a few bruises, broken ribs and a very sore body for a week or 2 after..

youd think they'd learn there lesson... not a chance... every opportunity to save a few bob, old fashioned crap with no thought for the lads...

well it all ended in tears, a 42 year old roofer came off one of their roofs early last year and died,no scaffold,  

left behind a wife and 2 young kids, probably saved £600, never worth it!!

working at heights has always been the most dangerous job in buildings, it ain't something to f**k about at, if you don't feel safe up there say so to your boss and don't go up... it ain't worth the risk just to save face

• Like 6