1 hour ago, sussex said:

Most years we see one or two , never managed a picture that didn’t look like a blob in fog ...

zandy they are superb photos ...edited to say I looked at your photos in the link .Doubly superb .! Is that a picture of a rose finch ? 

Thank you for positive comment and taking time to look at my images - much appreciated...

The bird I think you're referring to is a male Redpoll which is similar in colour to Rose Finch.

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Generally round about early May before they arrive in UK, heard 5 in one area last year, seen 3 but never managed any images...   heres one from couple year ago in scotland and one in Northu

Juvenile in Northumberland September time of remember right, just on the coast feeding on Cinnebar caterpillars building itself up for long journey.

Thank you, much appreciated. Yes, that's the Cinnibar caterpillars, the yellow and black ones...   When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there rip

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

Thanks for all the likes and comments people, much appreciated and glad you like my photography work.

didn't click on the link yesterday, incredible images, got real character

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, zandy01 said:

When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there ripping out all the Ragwort (the yellow plant pictured) that the caterpillars live and feed on, apparently it has to be at least 10 meters away from any livestock...

Dont really know why....

It causes liver failure. 

23 hours ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

I hear one at the back of my house every year and was only just thinking she wont be long. My mum always says,

Arrives in April , sings in May, lays eggs in June, and in July flys away.  

ours was arrives in April, may he sings all day, changes his tune in June, and July he flys, or something like that

Edited by Gilbey
On 4/5/2018 at 13:47, zandy01 said:

Thank you, much appreciated.

Yes, that's the Cinnibar caterpillars, the yellow and black ones...

When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there ripping out all the Ragwort (the yellow plant pictured) that the caterpillars live and feed on, apparently it has to be at least 10 meters away from any livestock...

Dont really know why....

Not too good for the young cuckoo as that's where and what it was surviving and building up on... 

if if you'd like to see any more of my images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/94724826@N08/

LDC.jpg.6902a54d9773fa0e47fe8dad03ec16aa.jpg

• Thanks 1