• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Generally round about early May before they arrive in UK, heard 5 in one area last year, seen 3 but never managed any images...   heres one from couple year ago in scotland and one in Northu

Juvenile in Northumberland September time of remember right, just on the coast feeding on Cinnebar caterpillars building itself up for long journey.

Thank you, much appreciated. Yes, that's the Cinnibar caterpillars, the yellow and black ones...   When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there rip

Posted Images

Generally round about early May before they arrive in UK, heard 5 in one area last year, seen 3 but never managed any images...

heres one from couple year ago in scotland and one in Northumberland with meadow pipits

27038246023_b0eacee432_o.jpg

IMG_3558.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, ginger beard said:

Cracking photo's zandy.

I don't see the catepillars about now much either.used to be loads of those yellow and black banded one's about.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Yes, that's the Cinnibar caterpillars, the yellow and black ones...

When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there ripping out all the Ragwort (the yellow plant pictured) that the caterpillars live and feed on, apparently it has to be at least 10 meters away from any livestock...

Dont really know why....

Not too good for the young cuckoo as that's where and what it was surviving and building up on... 

if if you'd like to see any more of my images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/94724826@N08/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, zandy01 said:

When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there ripping out all the Ragwort (the yellow plant pictured) that the caterpillars live and feed on, apparently it has to be at least 10 meters away from any livestock...

Dont really know why....

Not too good for the young cuckoo as that's where and what it was surviving and building up on... 

if if you'd like to see any more of my images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/94724826@N08/

Ragwort kills horses and maybe cattle.lsnd managers have been trying to get rid of it for years now.they have ragwort partys down here.

I check out your photos now.

Got any of a nightjar.?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, zandy01 said:

Dont really know why....

Credit where credits due Andy

your better with a camera than you ever were with a rifle mate

some top class pics bud

hows your lass keeping  and i hope your well to mate

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Most years we see one or two , never managed a picture that didn’t look like a blob in fog ...

zandy they are superb photos ...edited to say I looked at your photos in the link .Doubly superb .! Is that a picture of a rose finch ? 

• Thanks 2