Burglary. Charged for murder

Two blokes broke into the home of a 78 year old man and only one made it out alive !!

The thieving b***s***$ didnt expect that. The old boy has been charged with suspicion of attempted murder. He should plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court. Then claim damages for stress ect ect.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Hither Green 'burglar' stabbing: Man, 78, arrested - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43639183

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the mother had an ounce of decency she would say" course you can lay flowers at his grave" these people like to have wakes mourn his passing in the traditional way they always do. Let's not f**k ab

Those flowers were not laid in the street in which he died, they were placed opposite the house he was burgling, so hardly a shrine but more of an intimidatory action IMO, so should be removed. As for

Don't knock it Tomo ,I am lucky enough to live by an accident black spot ,saved me a small fortune on anniversaries ,birthdays and mothers days over the years .

Posted Images

A friend of mine died the same way ... fella was charged but got off with it which IMO was the right thing to have happened..

Although traumatic for the old boy it is good that plod is going through due process to stop  the potential of Civil action by "Devastated grieving relatives"  which is not unknown in cases like this. Following the correct proceedure, arrest, investigation and a decision based on the  facts, by the CPS...not the police...will help to protect him...he was defending himself.  No doubt the legal wolves are waiting in the background. Probably already offering their services to the bereaved. Probably the scroates defence will be that he was looking for his lost dog which he thought was in the house and that he was viciously  attacked. Well the one that got away. They should hang the scroat off of a nearby lampost as a warning to others. 

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Shouldn't of been charged in the first place.

Appears he hasn't been charged yet. At this stage simply arrested and under investigation. Which I'd still be inclined to say is a step too far but in line with our current laws at least.

I'd have piss all faith he won't charged though.

Edited by Born Hunter

He has now been charged - apparently the burglar had a screwdriver, according to the accused. If his story is confirmed he should get a medal and be discharged with a profuse apology. His type we need - burglars are worthless. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Appears he hasn't been charged yet. At this stage simply arrested and under investigation. Which I'd still be inclined to say is a step too far but in line with our current laws at least.

I'd have piss all faith the CPS won't charge him though.

Can't really see what they can charge him with, he was in his own home and being threatened by a man half his age wielding a screwdriver, there is no intent to charge the man with, after all he was not sat around waiting to intend to  stab anybody entering his property, he was not in possession of any offenecive weapon with any intent to cause harm. I hope all his neighbours rally round and support him and when the police and cps have finished with him, take the old fella out for a slap up meal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know that the system has to go through due process but if it goes further, then what a waste of public money. Surely no jury would convict. Still it does sem as if everyone has to get their snout in the trough and fill their boots at the expense of the public purse.

• Like 1
Just now, Meece said:

I know that the system has to go through due process but if it goes further, then what a waste of public money. Surely no jury would convict. Still it does sem as if everyone has to get their snout in the trough and fill their boots at the expense of the public purse.

That's what I was thinking it's going to cost tens if thousands just for them to turn around and say he done nothing wrong.

16 minutes ago, delswal said:

Can't really see what they can charge him with, he was in his own home and being threatened by a man half his age wielding a screwdriver, there is no intent to charge the man with, after all he was not sat around waiting to intend to  stab anybody entering his property, he was not in possession of any offenecive weapon with any intent to cause harm. I hope all his neighbours rally round and support him and when the police and cps have finished with him, take the old fella out for a slap up meal.

Depends if the Police and CPS are convinced that the force was necessary and proportionate. If they think there's anything to suggest the force was unnecessary for the protection of life then they will shift the responsibility of deciding that to a jury. If there was some sort of castle doctrine, that wouldn't happen.