A Ferrets Value ?

Guest vin

On 4/4/2018 at 11:44, vin said:

maybe we should ship them some over there... ?

One UK breeder did just that...turned down sales in the UK because she could get $200 (plus shipping costs) for each kit sold to gullible buyers in the US.  Supposedly they were healthier and would live longer than the US show bred ferrets...sadly, that turned out to be not true for many of the kits.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following from what Phil said about finding quarry in different circumstances I have different ferrets for different circumstances. I have a hob that will refuse to leave a rabbit below ground and is

Like most folk,.I've had ferrets that have come from the strangest of places... Pet homes, hippy communes, Laboratories, even genuine 'ferret farms',...plus a handful that I have trapped in carro

Just breed what you need, gifting what you dont need to known working homes and knock the rest.  If you push the price up then all of a sudden the internet will be full if ferret farmers selling

Posted Images

Well cheers Vin& Tommo,good to hear about a bit of history on the kits & coincidental Bert only lived 15 minutes from me so blood come back round here via his son I knew Bert & had a day out or two with him but that’s another thread so thanks lads I owe you one atb Flacko 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Very interesting thread and good reading. The pic on the first post is amazing. Could have used an albino though for better contrast :laugh:

I have an old jill here who ferreted her last holes last year. She is ancient now and after exertion throws a wobble so I don't want her getting stuck some where. She can put her feet up for her last years now :( This was her last outing

25811619968_a7dfb99149_b.jpg

What I like is her finding ability and straight to business. Which when your on your own is perfect. You don't want the ferreting popping up the other side of the hedge and pissing about and going in and out. It seemed no matter what hole you put her you never saw her again until the rabbit was out. Typically I had her spayed when I first got her and I won't be doing that again. 

On 09/04/2018 at 02:39, vin said:

Great pics matey.

I've got jills that look just like them of yours and probably the same size, maybe even slightly larger.. . . They have the hearts of lions and courage to tackle anything below ground etc, But they simply just cannot hold down a big fat dales bunny.they bolt plenty and will scratch away all day at a balled up bunny in a stop end... but when you get them in those big warrens, in big tunnels where the bunny can manoeuvre etc... they get dragged about..you get the spade out and end up digging 2 or 3 holes to get the bunny as it keeps moving everytime you get the spade close. I always used jills and still will under certain circumstances and different jobs etc. But Its hobs for me when it comes to shifting lots of bunnies.

atb 

vin

Yeah I know what you mean pal, when I used to do a lot (3-5 days a week) I always had two good hobs, like you say them Jill's will have a ho at anything and don't seem to run scared, but a good heavy job can't half push the big buck rabbits about.