Airsporter mk5 service/smoothing out

Got one of my 3-9x40 scope on the now spray painted one piece mount kindly donated by big Mac. Cheers mate ?? Still makes a crack when it goes off but is now shooting far smoother and less twangy sounding than it was before the piston was polished and the piston head and top hat fitted. Grouping very well now

20180418_142243.jpg

20180418_142235.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just click on the link it may help you out with a few tips Bsa,air Sporter Refurb   atvbjimmy

BIG MAC , hes one of the best and will go out of his way to help anyone.  

Cheers for your opinion on it mate? I havnt seen anything like that either mate. All the repro piston heads have the one O ring so going to go with one of them. Either from John knibbs or T R Robb

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, hedge wanderer said:

Got one of my 3-9x40 scope on the now spray painted one piece mount kindly donated by big Mac. Cheers mate ?? Still makes a crack when it goes off but is now shooting far smoother and less twangy sounding than it was before the piston was polished and the piston head and top hat fitted. Grouping very well now

20180418_142243.jpg

20180418_142235.jpg

Brad that looks smart mate

you done the blueing on her it looks good mind

She will settle down after a good few shots through her

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

3 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Brad that looks smart mate

you done the blueing on her it looks good mind

She will settle down after a good few shots through her

I havnt reblued her mate. The blueing is actually really good for the age with no rust anywhere. May do the stock up and if I can I'll fix the screw heads as they're a bit mangled and I want to keep it as stock as possible. Is shooting really accurate now mind?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, hedge wanderer said:

I havnt reblued her mate. The blueing is actually really good for the age with no rust anywhere. May do the stock up and if I can I'll fix the screw heads as they're a bit mangled and I want to keep it as stock as possible. Is shooting really accurate now mind?

Its amazing what a little tune and a few new parts will do to an old rifle Brad

enjoy her for some years to come mate

4 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Its amazing what a little tune and a few new parts will do to an old rifle Brad

enjoy her for some years to come mate

Aye exactly and I’m going to mate, don’t worry ? need to get out on the perm sometime and a bag a rabbit or 2

• Like 1
On 18/04/2018 at 15:50, hedge wanderer said:

20180418_142243.jpg

20180418_142235.jpg

I do like those older BSAs :yes:

....... For me, I think that's a damn near perfect shape for a break barrel. I love the way the metalwork sweeps down into the handle and, that the front of the stock covers the cocking link (Weihrauch should take note ;) )

Get some pictures up of it's groupings mate :thumbs:

11 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

....... For me, I think that's a damn near perfect shape for a break barrel. I love the way the metalwork sweeps down into the handle and, that the front of the stock covers the cocking link (Weihrauch should take note ;) )

Will do mate

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well after a while of trying to get decent enough groups with this thing I’ve come to the conclusin, this thing doesn’t like scopes and kicks back off every set of mounts I’ve put on it including a one piece. Guess I’m on the search for a new rear sight haha

On 20/04/2018 at 05:56, Jonjon79 said:

It's an underlever not a break barrel

Andy