Hale vetenary Group

8 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Basic first aid well within my capabilities and dog now sorted .Just wanted to highlight that practice in case anyone else needs anything done there 

Yeah it’s a good heads up and hopefully the other lad has learned a bit. 

• Like 1

Most vets just want money out of you more they can get the better , my vet cheap place a bit of a hole but he sorts working dogs out lurcher an terrier , my terrier had to be put to sleep for doing her doc as of age £60 other vet asking £250 

• Like 1

I find the worst situation is when you pays your money and the vets dont do even a half decent job thats what pisses me off with them. sometimes youve gotta take the hit and thats that but when you know you coulda done a much better job yourself if given the chance then they try charging you more money on there mistakes thats a real sickener.

My bitch swallowed a hair rigged boilie, couldn’t get the thing out for the life of me. Was worried it was lodged in, So cut the line with a decent length, took her in, and they suggested they should remove it surgically, so me with the best interests of the bitch in mind agreed, only to get a phone call 3 hours later to say the operation was a failure, as when they went in, it went back up into her oesophagus, but not to worry because she should pass it with ease, “why not say that in the first place”? but it will be £500 for my trouble, but don’t worry we will X-ray her for free in a couple of weeks, just to check it’s passed. Probably their conscience kicking in, Fair to say their were a few heated words when I picked her up, never did go back for the X-ray, and she was fine a couple of weeks later. Decent vets are worth their weight in gold. 

Edited by The shireman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, The shireman said:

My bitch swallowed a hair rigged boilie, couldn’t get the thing out for the life of me. Was worried it was lodged in, So cut the line with a decent length, took her in, and they suggested they should remove it surgically, so me with the best interests of the bitch in mind agreed, only to get a phone call 3 hours later to say the operation was a failure, as when they went in, it went back up into her oesophagus, but not to worry because she should pass it with ease, “why not say that in the first place”? but it will be £500 for my trouble, but don’t worry we will X-ray her for free in a couple of weeks, just to check it’s passed. Probably their conscience kicking in, Fair to say their were a few heated words when I picked her up, never did go back for the X-ray, and she was fine a couple of weeks later. Decent vets are worth their weight in gold. 

Was the hook on the rig?

Long shot but anyone know a good vets in Leeds for working dogs pets for vets try to have your flipping life another near me don’t entertain working dogs    vets against any form of hunting with dogs so charge you through nose 

5 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

Long shot but anyone know a good vets in Leeds for working dogs pets for vets try to have your flipping life another near me don’t entertain working dogs    vets against any form of hunting with dogs so charge you through nose 

Pm sent ?

55 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

Richmond house, Dewsbury, they also have a surgery in Wakefield, pups inoculations for both jabs £26, I’ve used them for years with no problems, only downside is it’s busy.