House deeds n pigeons

21 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

We live on a small new ish housing estate ( 30 houses ) on our deeds it says no livestock pigeons or poultry  etc 

i live at the top of the street and have a large corner plot, and would like to keep 3 pair of racing pigeons  can I get the deed changed or shall I just keep the birds and hope know one complains ? 

I would just get the birds if that's what you want mate. If anyone complains you can say in your defence you have tried to get rid, you keep dropping them of but they keep returning :laugh:

• Like 1

I lived in an ex council house and rules were NO live stock WHATSOEVER.

However Racing pigeons were not classed as live stock if you raced them and you  were a member of a club.

It mabe worth finding out if racing pigeons are allowed if your a member of a club.

I remember moving house many years ago when i raced pigeons and a neighbour complained to the council about my pigeons , council came out looked that i kept garden tidy and checked i was a member of a club .

Everything was in order and never had a problem after that .

fancy pigeons were not allowed only racing pigeons.

On 01/04/2018 at 16:34, vfr400boy said:

We live on a small new ish housing estate ( 30 houses ) on our deeds it says no livestock pigeons or poultry  etc 

i live at the top of the street and have a large corner plot, and would like to keep 3 pair of racing pigeons  can I get the deed changed or shall I just keep the birds and hope know one complains ? 

It depends on your local council I think but also if you can get permission from your two neighbours on either side you should be ok, to be honest it won't matter if your keeping three pair or thirty three pair, but like I said getting your neighbours assurance that they don't or won't mind is a huge plus

• Like 1