Hi all. I'm relatively new to the sport and I'm getting on ok with my gun, but my son has come home with an air rifle his mates dad said I could have. I took it out In the garden shoot one pellet and my god it sounded so bad I'm guessing it needs a new spring, can anyone give me any advice on the gun and if it's worth while getting it sorted IMG_0548.thumb.JPG.fe8c661c027437b933891dd1045240b5.JPGIMG_0549.thumb.JPG.ec3ff15e1d12e80bf4f64b1f4d461e42.JPG

• Like 1

cheap gun . I would  guess it has the same trigger as the webly omega , a little complicated the trigger has to be taken to bits before you can get the spring out and look at the piston ect there is also a little trick to get the spring out  . If the gun just makes a noise but shoots ok just shoot it . or have a bit of fun learning how a spring gun works . I would think taking it to a shop may not be cost effective .

16 minutes ago, timmytree said:

it was a freebie. Thats the best thing about it. Strip it, tinker with it and see if you can make it sound and feel half decent. Failing that, keep the bag, sights and sling and sell the rest on freeads for £30.

Yes, do that :yes:

Strip it, clean it, re-lube it and see what happens.

......... Either way, it's a bargain :thumbs:

24967.gif

Get a new one :D 

Dunno what those two above are on about, but for the price of parts and time, you could just get a new one. Not to worry about time, power, consistency, and so on and just generally effort. If it was worth 100 quid, yeah, do it, but that’s worth 30 quid, as mentioned. 

Cue the analysis of the cost of parts compared to a new rifle from the nerds :) 

• Haha 2

As already said, strip it and have a tinker !

It's cost you nowt, and you might not need any parts.

You'll pass a bit of time, gain some experience and you'll probably learn something !

At the end of it, if it's still a bag of nails, sell the sights and the bag and ditch the rest............

What is there to lose ?

Looking into these a bit more, the Webley Value Max is a Turkish made, no frills air rifle - they're still for sale at around £120.

Some of the yank sites seem to like them for their performance Vs cost.

........ a couple of reviews described them as having a creepy trigger and a loud report so, maybe that's just how they are.

I still say strip it and have a tinker, you've got nothing to lose :thumbs: